Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New vPanel Design

Default Re: New vPanel Design

I agree--looks pretty good, but it depends on how the categories are ultimately laid out.

One usability issue I have with the current vPanel, that I haven't seen mentioned lately, is that it relies very heavily on dropdown menus. When there are situations where I have five or less items to choose between, I'd far prefer radio buttons, because all of my choices are visible, and it's a single click to make my selection. Using Tim's screenshot above, I'd recommend that the controls for "Start option", "End option", and "Schedule Every" be changed to a more user-friendly method. Seriously--why should I have to click twice to change a "disabled" to "enabled"?

As another example, every option on the "Features" page (as laid out in the current vPanel) should be managed by radio buttons. The options that require space for the user to specify a number (failover and forwarding) would have that field displayed next to the "Forward To" radio button...

I know I've brought this up before, and (in case it isn't obvious), this is a big pet peeve of mine. I'm not asking you to change it just to make me happy, but because the other selection method would make vPanel MUCH more user-friendly.

Nice work. I like the layout. Can't wait to see the next revision with the categories reorganized.

I too prefer radio buttons, but not hung up on it.

Thanks to all the folks at VOIPo for all your efforts

Nicely done!

When will this be implemented?

A bit surprised to see this still hasn't been implemented. It's been 7 months since we saw a sneak peek at the work being done.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrizzell View Post
    A bit surprised to see this still hasn't been implemented. It's been 7 months since we saw a sneak peek at the work being done.
    It's coming in the very near future.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    It's coming in the very near future.
    Tim - any update on when we will see the new UI?

Quote Originally Posted by racerdude View Post
    Tim - any update on when we will see the new UI?
    Soon. It's been delayed some but is still in the works.

An outsite design firm is also working on a new voipo.com main site too.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Just now getting a chance to weigh in on the revisions. Almost all the input I'd offer has already been offered by others (thanks!).

I would like to suggest indicators in the Call History for two things:

1. Disposition codes (e.g. Answered, Forwarded, VM, Busy, etc.) - including special codes for "routed" calls (e.g. Blacklisted, Whitelisted, Busy Tone, Disc Tones, Forwarded, etc.).

2. A link to the corresponding call routes table entry for each call in Call History that was routed (in or out).

Rationale: A great deal of the value that VoIPo delivers is the ability to route incoming calls so nuisance calls can be managed and priority calls are well handled. Many of us seem to spend time in vPanel periodically going thru Call History finding calls which should be routed differently in the future (mostly telemarketers and wrong number callers in my case). I currently do this in two browser tabs. It would be much easier if the above ideas are incorporated into future vPanel versions. The ideas need more work, but hopefully the basic ideas are clear enough.