Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just another pre-sales question

Default Re: Just another pre-sales question

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    Great. Thanks for the clarification on that.

So, I port in the primary DID for DC, then upgrade the "clone line" to a virtual # (port of the current Alabama #), correct?
    Pretty much. You may have to submit a ticket to order the virtual number, though, since you're porting that number in. The virtual number ordering process doesn't present the option of porting in to a virtual number. Once you have confirmation that the VN is ported in, upgrading the second line to work on the VN is a few clicks in vPanel.

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    and,

I'm pretty sure I'll only be at one location at a time.

But if some else is there, could be a problem.....
    If I understand you correctly, you will have the VOIPo ATA in Alabama with your telephone(s) connected only to port 2 so that only your secondary number rings there. Your BYOD device and primary number will be in D.C.

If I were you, I would confirm that 911 from the soft phone/BYOD device will be operative, and that you can make effective changes to the 911 response location as you move back and forth between your two residences. The soft phone/BYOD is intended primarily to facilitate traveling. I don't know whether 911 will work through the BYOD server. Moreover, I don't know how long it takes after you update your 911 address information for the new location to be effective. It may work instantaneously, but it may not. Because safety is involved, it might make sense to ask VOIPo first.

Also, you may forget to update the information as you move back and forth. In addition, if someone is staying at one house while you are at the other, that person will have no 911 service. Will you remember to warn him or her? Give some thought to whether the cost savings are worth the added risks.

Another thought.

If you carry the device between places, you could use port#1 in one location, and port#2 when in the other, and save the cost of an ATA.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!