Thread: Restriced Phone Calls ~ Can you unblock some

Default Restriced Phone Calls ~ Can you unblock some

My work does not want anyone to see the phone number that they are dialing from, so the phone number will not register on my home caller ID. All it will say is private or restricted.

When my company does call me it means they want me to come in to work, which could be at 2am. I try to ignore all these types of call and just not answer them. I don't want to have to turn on the lights in my bedroom (since the wife is sleeping) just to see if I should pick it up or not.

Now the problem. I know I can block these types of calls with the control panel on voipo. However, what this prevents is when I'm at work, I can't call my home. Is there some type of secret code you can enter (that only you know) before making a phone call that will bypass this blocking feature? I want to block all their crappy calls, but want to be able to still access it when I need to.

Default Re: Restriced Phone Calls ~ Can you unblock some

Best thing is pay $24/year for a virtual number that nobody would normally call and upgrade to the 2nd line (don't add call filtering).

Then throw a cheap phone on it. At least something will ring

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Use a cellphone to call home?

Quote Originally Posted by 93Corvette View Post
    My work does not want anyone to see the phone number that they are dialing from, so the phone number will not register on my home caller ID. All it will say is private or restricted.
    Some organizations use, instead of no CID at all, the first number in their block (e.g., used by the PBX). Such as 212-555-4000, for ALL outbound calls. So you know what organization is calling, but individual numbers remain restricted. Maybe your employer would consider doing this. Or not.

Get a free Google Voice Number
    Set it to ring your home phone
    Select delivered CID to be Your Google Voice Number instead of Caller

To call home call your Google Voice Number