Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

Default Re: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    X2 - after no problems for a long long time, I am losing line 1 every couple days requiring a reboot of the ATA.
    Yes, my issues too were out of the blue. Rock solid service until this phase.
    Russell

No increase in support here and everything's been running smoothly. If you guys have issues, open a ticket when you notice it so we can look at it for you.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Come back home and line 2 is dead (no light on the ATA). Make a call on line 1 and don't hear any ringing ... then I hear a hello from the other party.
    Russell

This sure sounds like some router problems.
    Maybe NAT or some needed ports not opening up.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    This sure sounds like some router problems.
    Maybe NAT or some needed ports not opening up.
    And, now both lines are lit up - I didn't do anything at all.

As previously mentioned: My config is the RT31P2 being directly connected to my UVerse router with UDP ports 5004-65000 forwarded to the RT31P2.
    Russell

I'm not too familiar with UVerse, but if they use a router, as we know it, you may be double natting or conflicting something when you connect one router behind the other.

Have you checked with support. I'm sure by now that they have gained some experience with connecting those customers who have UVerse.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I'm not too familiar with UVerse.
    And that's a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevech View Post
    And that's a very good thing.
    Bad experience I take?

I'm running Uverse at home and do not have any problems with numerous, numerous, numerous devices behind the UVerse gateway.

Russell:

I am curious as to if the recent experience could be related to any kind of updates and or network pushes that they have been doing recently.

In the last 24 hours I've noticed a couple of things (this could be completely coincidental, or irrelevant, however - just some observations).

Last night around midnight CST and PST (the reason I say this) is because it happened for me here locally in Houston at midnight and then later for a friend at midnight PST, there was a loss of connection for about 5-10 minutes.

Earlier today from three separate AT&T locations (UVerse & DSL) (in different geographic locations) Facebook.com was unaccessible.*

* Let me add it was specific to AT&T... I could access it from alternate networks.

Just some personal observations... not sure if there is any relevancy to your recent experience.
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 09-22-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    No increase in support here and everything's been running smoothly. If you guys have issues, open a ticket when you notice it so we can look at it for you.
    Been there, done that. What can they do? If a line is down, then it comes up, when they get the ticket the reply is "everything is OK." Which it is.

I post problems here not with the intent to complain to VOIPo but just to see if anyone/everyone else in "the community" is having a problem. I realize there isn't much you can do unless there is a major outage.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    Been there, done that. What can they do? If a line is down, then it comes up, when they get the ticket the reply is "everything is OK." Which it is.

I post problems here not with the intent to complain to VOIPo but just to see if anyone/everyone else in "the community" is having a problem. I realize there isn't much you can do unless there is a major outage.
    Which is the same reason I don't create tickets and report here.

Tim: if you feel there is a point in creating tickets for something which is not reproducible, please let me know. It takes a certain amount of emotional energy to create the ticket for a problem which does not exist (e.g., my line 2 line not being lit for a certain period yesterday and being lit later) and if I'm going to be faced with an "everything is OK." response as described above, it's best for my sanity not to create the ticket :-).

Brandon, I do hear what you're saying. Both lines are lit up at the moment. However, the next time I find issues, I'm going to reboot all (the two described below) components.

To summarize my setup: the RT31P2 is plugged into the 2Wire with UDP ports forwarded. Plus my main computer is plugged in the RT31P2. Everything else on the network does wireless from the RT31P2.
    Russell