Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

Default Re: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

Problems still persist. So this morning I decided to reboot all affected components: first turned power off to computer, RT31P2 and UVerse box. Let all sit for at least 2 minutes. Then powered up the UVerse box - it takes a long time to be ready. When it was, I powered up the RT31P2 and finally the attached computer, from which I'm typing this. If this doesn't get things working normally, I guess, it's ticket time. And, UDP 5004-65000 forwarded to the RT31P2 from the UVerse box.
    Russell

On some calls I have a long silence and never hear any ringing - this is after the reboot described in the previous post. Opened RKQ-526057.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    On some calls I have a long silence and never hear any ringing - this is after the reboot described in the previous post. Opened RKQ-526057.
    I am experiencing the "no ringing" and 'choppy audio' and it's not the first time.

I've given up on submitting trouble tickets (over 40 since July 200 - the issues always seem to reoccur.

My problems may be just mine, but they are problems. I didn't have them with my previous VOIP provider and I won't have them with my next.
    Enjoy life, it's not a dress rehearsal.

Ken..

I don't work for VOIPo but have been involved since the beta days. Even in those beta days while helping test the service, I haven't experienced anything like what you describe.
    Sure, I expect some blips along the way, VOIP you know, but even during the beta days, I still had no land line and for the most part, it worked pretty well.

As Tim mentioned a few times in the past, for whatever reason, a handful of users will just not work with certain providers no matter what. The vicissitudinous nature of VOIP I suppose.

Burris -

Don't take this personally. I was merely letting Russell know that I have also experienced the same issues. As a matter of fact, the next call I made after posting not only didn't ring, but returned to a dialtone - a first! Some calls made this morning are still not ringing.

I also have been with VOIPo since the pre-launch date; there were many difficult periods. I can't count the times we were without service and my wife wanted me to ditch the effort.

You have mentioned many times that you are satisfied with VOIPo's performance. Unfortunately, there are others that do have problems. As I said, "My problems may be just mine, but they are problems." The same is true for any other person reporting an issue.

For whatever reason, VOIPo isn't performing optimally for me. I think I've been more than patient, but it's time for a change.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    Burris -

Don't take this personally. I was merely letting Russell know that I have also experienced the same issues. As a matter of fact, the next call I made after posting not only didn't ring, but returned to a dialtone - a first! Some calls made this morning are still not ringing.

I also have been with VOIPo since the pre-launch date; there were many difficult periods. I can't count the times we were without service and my wife wanted me to ditch the effort.

You have mentioned many times that you are satisfied with VOIPo's performance. Unfortunately, there are others that do have problems. As I said, "My problems may be just mine, but they are problems." The same is true for any other person reporting an issue.

For whatever reason, VOIPo isn't performing optimally for me. I think I've been more than patient, but it's time for a change.

Ken
    Ken....

I empathize with you.

I had the same situation years ago with ViaTalk and found that it was cheaper and more effective to change providers than to have my wife file for divorce.

Burris -

Don't take this personally. I was merely letting Russell know that I have also experienced the same issues.As a matter of fact, the next call I made after posting not only didn't ring, but returned to a dialtone - a first! Some calls made this morning are still not ringing.

I also have been with VOIPo since the pre-launch date; there were many difficult periods. I can't count the times we wer e without service and my wife wanted me to ditch the effort.

Ken
    Thanks, Ken, I do appreciate your very well written post. Like you I too am well aware of Burris' satisfaction :-). My situation could not be more vanilla - a VOIPo provided device connected to a UVerse router with all the appropriate forwarding as suggested by VOIP. I'd like to attach a screen capture of my UVerse config in case some UVerse user sees something stupid on my part, but I'm having an issue trying to get it within the right pixel limits.
    Russell

Russell -

Thank you for the kind words.

I have done it all - two modems (Moto & Linksys), two different routers (D-Link & ASUS (Tomato & DD-WRT)), three ATA's (PAP2, PAP2T, HT502), & three different phone systems including hard-wired. I've tested every conceivable configuration of these devices. The only thing I haven't tried is changing ISP's .

I wish you luck.

Ken

Russell -

Thank you for the kind words.

I have done it all - two modems (Moto & Linksys), two different routers (D-Link & ASUS (Tomato & DD-WRT)), three ATA's (PAP2, PAP2T, HT502), & three different phone systems including hard-wired. I've tested every conceivable configuration of these devices. The only thing I haven't tried is changing ISP's .

I wish you luck.

Ken
    I do sense your frustration. Despite that, your posts are a model of gentility.

I'm hoping my case is a lot simpler. After all, it's a configuration that Brandon has tested and is known to work. Which makes me wonder if the cause is in those mysterious upstream providers - and, if in the search for more economic routes those have changed, and I'm paying the price.
    Russell

For 6 hours now, friends are having to call on cell not in the simul ring to get me. They call the voipo number and get 1.5 rings then a fast busy. Same when I call from a cell to my voipo number. Nothing on my end rings, not even the simul ring number. All incoming calls are showing on the call log for 0 seconds duration. I can call out ok.. 4 hours since I put in a service request and nothing back from them yet.