Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

Default Anybody Having Trouble Today?

A friend just called me on my cell and said she had been trying to reach me all afternoon, but that both lines were busy -- not voice mail, but busy signals. We did not have DND enabled (and if we had, we would have sent calls to voice mail), and we weren't on the phone.

I then checked the phones, and everything seemed normal. I called myself from my cell, and both lines rang normally.

So I'm wondering whether anyone else noticed a problem with inbound calls today, or whether my friend was somehow misdialing?

Default Re: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

As far as I know, all has been well here in South Florida...at least with the phone service.

Well, I checked my call history, and all the calls appear there. Six to my primary line and one to my Add-on line. Strange. I submitted a ticket (ONP-952704). Could network problems cause a busy signal?

knock plastic ..... no problem here (NJ)

I had a lot of problems yesterday, but all slightly different than yours.

Damn, I spoke too soon! Over the last few days my LINE 1 has shut down 3 times and I have to reboot the ATA. Line 2 remains active. The first time it happened I ignored it, but it has happened twice more since I posted my earlier "no problem here" message on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    Damn, I spoke too soon! Over the last few days my LINE 1 has shut down 3 times and I have to reboot the ATA. Line 2 remains active. The first time it happened I ignored it, but it has happened twice more since I posted my earlier "no problem here" message on Friday.
    I too lost line 1 on Friday. Kept wondering what the issue was (I have several phones connected to line 1), since it occurred shortly after I used line 1 to check for voicemail and thought I may have done soemthing silly. Finally looked at the adapter and line 1 was dark. Reboot fixed the issue. All the time line 2 was functional.
    Russell

And more problems. Tried making a call using line 1 all I heard was dead air and then I used line 2 and the heard the ring right away. The person at the other end asked me if I'd called a few minutes earlier and said they saw all zeros on their caller-id.

A few minutes later they called. I picked up but heard nothing. They tell me it went to my voice mail.

Sigh.

My config is the RT31P2 being directly connected to my UVerse router with UDP ports 5004-65000 forwarded to the RT31P2.
    Russell

one line service here is OK today at 11:30A PT

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    X2 - after no problems for a long long time, I am losing line 1 every couple days requiring a reboot of the ATA.