Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

Default Re: Anybody Having Trouble Today?

Nothing showed up in my router logs either. Actually, I downloaded and installed Cisco's ATA debug syslog utility, then enabled the debug options in the ATA to capture all the traffic as per their instructions:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9897

Since your ATA is provisioned, I suppose you would have to get Support to temporairly enable the debug options in the ATA since you don't have access to the admin settings. I'm unsure whether the RT31P2 has these debug options anyway because I'm using a SPA2102.

After what happened to me, I got to wondering how many of Voipo's customers who have their ATA's directly connected to their modems (or have all those UDP ports open in their router) are being hit with these attacks and causing mysterious reboots.

Thanks for the info. I may look at it this weekend. For now I'm waiting to see what support comes up with.

I too have always been concerned with that huge range of ports that have been forwarded. I've been with several VOIP companies (Vonage, SunRocket, ViaTalk to name some) and I've never had to forward ports to have reliable service. And, I have international calling enabled. I'm going to ask a dumb question based on your previous post. Are these ATA's hackable in the sense can someone obtain and use my account info and thereby make international calls at "my" expense?
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Are these ATA's hackable in the sense can someone obtain and use my account info and thereby make international calls at "my" expense?
    I'm by no means an expert in this area and wish that I could answer that question. Tim and his support team would be better at answering this one. Maybe someone else who has more technical knowledge can chime in. It would seem to me that they would have to crack the account credentials which I'm pretty sure Voipo keeps fairly complex. It's also likely that Voipo has a fraud detection/prevention monitoring system in place to circumvent or limit this activity.

I doubt you would be liable for any fraudulent calls since the ATA is owned and provisioned by Voipo. I would simply disable international calls in vPanel if you use it infrequently or not at all. That's really all these hackers want to do is make international calls.

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    I doubt you would be liable for any fraudulent calls since the ATA is owned and provisioned by Voipo. I would simply disable international calls in vPanel if you use it infrequently or not at all. That's really all these hackers want to do is make international calls.
    I just logged on and disabled international calling. On the infrequent times I use it, I can enable it for the duration of the call.
    Russell

After a couple of days of flawless service, today a call with one way audio (they couldn't hear me on a call I made). Fwiw, I do have the appropriate UDP ports forwarded from my UVerse box to the RT31P2. I've added this to my open ticket.
    Russell

Been using the service for several months with only the occasional glitch (which always resolved by rebooting the router). Ports are properly forwarded. Things were working fine today (had just been on a call) and then went to make a call - no dialtone. Rebooted the router and still nothing. Checked to make sure that the RT31P2 is registered in devices - it is. Tried changing phone to line 2 - no help. Received three calls (all show up in the call history) but could not hear anything.

Is anyone else having problems today? Gotta say that it is really frustrating that there is no weekend support - if VOIPo really wants to compete, this must be addressed. As it stands now, it appears I will be without phone service until Monday unless the problem magically fixes itself.

EDIT: Well, the problem seems to have fixed itself after rebooting the router again and also reset the phone.
    Last edited by rps; 11-13-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rps View Post
    Is anyone else having problems today? Gotta say that it is really frustrating that there is no weekend support - if VOIPo really wants to compete, this must be addressed. As it stands now, it appears I will be without phone service until Monday unless the problem magically fixes itself.

EDIT: Well, the problem seems to have fixed itself after rebooting the router again and also reset the phone.
    Over the last week or so, I've had 3 or 4 occasions of no dialtone. Grandstream interface shows both lines "registered" and "on hook". Internet through the ATA is working fine. A reboot is required to get dialtone restored. I have placed a ticket and they have changed "provisioning". We'll see what happens.

The other day we had some issues pop up with one way audio, my wife eventually hung up and called from her cell phone.

I had two problems today (11/1

1) This morning I had no dialtone. I had to unplug the RT31P2 and reset it

2) Also the RT31P2 stopped giving out IP Addresses and required yet another unplugging.

Setup is
    ---
    Cable Modem <--|--> RT31P2(DHCPd) <--|--> Access Point ---> Laptop