Thread: Suggestions for DeskPhone

Default Suggestions for DeskPhone

I presently have a Grandstream GXP1400 as a desk phone using the BYOD service.

It generally works well for incoming / outgoing calls ... audio quality is excellent, etc.

However, I can't get it to pass touchtones ... when I call a number that has an automated attendant, and asks for me to "Hit 1 for x, Hit 2 for y, etc" then there is no response to the tones from the keypad.

I do not have any of the same issues with my phone that is plugged into the Grandstream ATA that Voipo supplied with the service.

Any suggestions? Is this in the device, SIP service? ... another device in the same price range better?

Thanks

David

Default Re: Suggestions for DeskPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ddodell View Post
    I presently have a Grandstream GXP1400 as a desk phone using the BYOD service.

It generally works well for incoming / outgoing calls ... audio quality is excellent, etc.

However, I can't get it to pass touchtones ... when I call a number that has an automated attendant, and asks for me to "Hit 1 for x, Hit 2 for y, etc" then there is no response to the tones from the keypad.

I do not have any of the same issues with my phone that is plugged into the Grandstream ATA that Voipo supplied with the service.

Any suggestions? Is this in the device, SIP service? ... another device in the same price range better?

Thanks

David
    On page 53 of the manual it says go to 'Account x -> Audio Settings' then under 'Send DTMF' change to 'RTP (RFC2833)'