Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compatible Routers

Default Re: Compatible Routers

The support staff cannot offer ANY support for any routers or adapters that they don't provide. So this is the only support people have for non-supported routers and adapters.

Do you understand now?

It's just a thread for people to talk about and modify non supported routers. That all!

Quote Originally Posted by jjinks View Post
    How did you unlock it?
    I would love to figure this out because I signed up for the reseller package that comes with 3 numbers but only one adapter. It would help a lot if I could use this RTP300 as well.
    Maybe I should star another thread about unlocking the RTP300?

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip is the best forum that I know of for Unlock advice.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Thanks USA2K, I will at that one too.

This thread might be more appropriately housed in the BYOD forum: http://forums.voipo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Quote Originally Posted by jjinks View Post
    The support staff cannot offer ANY support for any routers or adapters that they don't provide. So this is the only support people have for non-supported routers and adapters.

Do you understand now?

It's just a thread for people to talk about and modify non supported routers. That all!
    This forum is supposed to be for prospective service users, as I understand it, so why is there so much activity by people who are already using the service?

However, that's not really my point. I am disturbed that there was no mention that I encountered in the sales pages stating that you need to buy a router from this company...or, at least, that if you don't you will sacrifice support. Seems like devious tactics to me.

Quote Originally Posted by amki View Post
    This forum is supposed to be for prospective service users, as I understand it, so why is there so much activity by people who are already using the service?

However, that's not really my point. I am disturbed that there was no mention that I encountered in the sales pages stating that you need to buy a router from this company...or, at least, that if you don't you will sacrifice support. Seems like devious tactics to me.
    There seems to be a misunderstanding. The OP of this thread was referring to other ATA's or SIP devices as opposed to home routers. His wording was confusing to say the least. You are not required to buy any "routers" from Voipo. Voipo ships you a leased ATA for free. Voipo will gladly give you free support for connecting their ATA's to your own router if needed.

You are allowed to connect your personally owned ATA or SIP device (aka BYOD), but Voipo provides limited or no support for these devices as the OP was referring to.
    Last edited by tritch; 01-07-2011 at 03:51 PM.

VOIPoCodyH Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    There seems to be a misunderstanding. The OP of this thread was referring to other ATA's or SIP devices as opposed to home routers. His wording was confusing to say the least. You are not required to buy any "routers" from Voipo. Voipo ships you a leased ATA for free. Voipo will gladly give you free support for connecting their ATA's to your own router if needed.

You are allowed to connect your personally owned ATA or SIP device (aka BYOD), but Voipo provides limited or no support for these devices as the OP was referring to.
    Right, we provide one on a free lease basis at no cost to you when you order our residential/small business service.

This was only about users who wanted to use their own instead of ours (possibly because they preferred a different brand/model, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post

Thank you, tritch and Cody. My total ignorance of VoIP led me astray.

I appreciate your help and will now seriously consider signing up for Voipo.

Closing this thread as it seems to be a target of some spam bots.