Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PBX Servers?

Default Re: PBX Servers?

Yes I am testing now, acutally able to run it completely off a laptop... I am quite impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    There actually are no channel limits or trunks for resellers. You can receive as many simultaneous calls on a single account/registration as your equipment/PBX can handle.
    I'm a bit confused. I read in the TOS that PBX software wasn't allowed. I'm guessing now that running Asterisk is only banned on the residential end, but okay for the resellers. Is that correct?

If so, I'd love to hear specifics as to how people are implementing Asterisk boxes in the reseller program. I suppose an Incredible PBX box + Voipo would be an ideal solution for a small company running 10+ lines.

Thanks!

I would highly recommend you do not sell an unlimited plan and offer a PBX with it... you will be loosing money very quickly...

If you are going to offer you need to come up with a formula that makes sense on how many concurrent calls can run and how many minutes that business is going to be on the phone.

Then create a plan around that.

On the PBX I offer my unlimited plans are soft caped so that when they hit xyz minutes then there could be additional charges. if you look in the voipo usage they have a line that reads close to the same. Also I hold all clients responsible for the security of their pbx unless my company manages it. if we manage it and the system is abused we bite the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by uf_shane View Post
    I am currently reviewing 3cx... Windows based and looks to be a really good revenue stream
    Where do you have it installed - are you using a leased server with a dedicated ip? Whats your setup?

Currently running it on a Laptop with no issues... it is quite amazing, but I will offer a box with it or putting on the cloud.

Hi, I am looking at running Trixbox CE because it should be able to integrate into my CRM. Does anyone have any thoughts on using Trixbox? Is there any documentation on Voipo set up on a PBX?

Here is a link to a tutorial I wrote for my customers to configure systems like trixbox, pbxinaflash, elastix and other pbx systems that are using freepbx.

http://www.voipmyway.com/docs/voipmyway_asterisk.pdf

Here is a link to a doc I wrote to get your freepbx based pbx working, this works on trixbox, pbxinaflash, elastix and others.

http://www.voipmyway.com/docs/voipmyway_asterisk.pdf

Does anyone have trixbox configuration information to use VOIPo as a trunk?

--L