Man, those guys don't go down easy.

When I ported my number from AT&T to Comcast everything was taken care of in about a week. No trouble. But eventually Comcast upgraded my Internet service to where I was comfortable not using their phone service. (Doh! Someone in Marketing better figure that out.)

So on October 19 I filed to have my number ported to VOIPo. By the next day VOIPo had sent me an e-mail detailing what would happen and suggested it might take 10 to 14 days for Comcast to port the number.

I've got a lot going on and didn't really pay attention - till all of a sudden it was three weeks later and still no port. I gave it a couple more days and finally decided I'd ask VOIPo if the could shed some light on the delay. But before I hit the [Send] button, VOIPo sent me an e-mail saying Comcast will port the number on Tuesday, November 16. Nearly a month after I filed!

Then, to add insult to injury, Comcast disabled their on-line phone management tool (which sucked anyway) last Friday. So, from Friday till tomorrow (the 16th) we're getting all those "charity" robo-calls that we had blocked.

It's like they are saying, "You're not a customer anymore, so we don't care". Only I am a customer because I kept Comcast cable and Internet. I guess it's just like that when you've got a big corporation divided into big divisions that try to look homogeneous but aren't.

Anyway, (hopefully) tomorrow I'll be rid of Comcast phone service and the $40 a month it was costing me for two lines.