Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ougoing Toll Free Calls Counting

Default Ougoing Toll Free Calls Counting

I think I've identified an issue with the way *outbound* Toll Free calls are counted.

I'm not being charged for them, but they are being counted and applied towards minute limits. So if a customer has a 200 minute limit, and makes 180 minutes of Toll Free calls, they only have 20 minutes left for regular calls.

I'll submit a support ticket. Seems like it should be an easy fix to make sure Toll Free calls aren't counting towards minute limits.

Might want to also check the math and make sure International calls are not being counted twice, etc.

Default Re: Ougoing Toll Free Calls Counting

That's actually by design, but we could look at adding an option to exclude them later.

The limit is designed to account for all calls. Most resellers bill for everything and the free stuff (on net, TF, etc) is extra profit.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

By design? Bummer. Not what I was hoping to hear. I'm likely to lose a customer immediately as a result. And I'm sure this will pop up again. I sure wouldn't pay for an account that charged me to make Toll Free calls, which is in essense what we're doing by counting Toll Free calls against the minute limit.

Voipo isn't charging resellers, but they are forcing resellers to charge customers for Toll Free calls... by design. Don't like that.

Toll Free calls need to be excluded from "counting" towards a user's preset calling limit.

Otherwise, we at least need to set the local call limit using dollar amounts too, rather than minutes, as we did with Intl calling.

Do we know if International calls are being counted towards the local calling limit?

thanks!

Guys, I think there is a misconception on what Toll Free means...

It is purley in regards to a long distance toll charge... Voip is very simple you pay for all outbound and in bound usage... as soon as your call connects the meter is running.

maybe a option like international calls to enable toll free calls so they show in a separate column of the bill so they can be tracked but not counted against outbound usage.

Voipo doesn't charge for outbound Toll Free calls. Vonage doesn't, AT&T doesn't, Comcast doesn't. In fact, I doubt ANY major VOIP provider charges their customers for outbound Toll Free calls.

I would prefer not to charge for them either, especially since I don't have any associated cost that I need to pass through to customers.

Unfortunately, the current system forces me to charge for outbound Toll Free calls.

I'm simply requesting that Voipo address this and allow resellers the option of NOT charging for (and not limiting) outbound Toll Free calls.

If someone else wants to charge for them, then it would be their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by genxweb View Post
    maybe a option like international calls to enable toll free calls so they show in a separate column of the bill so they can be tracked but not counted against outbound usage.
    This would work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Voipo doesn't charge for outbound Toll Free calls. Vonage doesn't, AT&T doesn't, Comcast doesn't. In fact, I doubt ANY major VOIP provider charges their customers for outbound Toll Free calls.

I would prefer not to charge for them either, especially since I don't have any associated cost that I need to pass through to customers.

Unfortunately, the current system forces me to charge for outbound Toll Free calls.

I'm simply requesting that Voipo address this and allow resellers the option of NOT charging for (and not limiting) outbound Toll Free calls.

If someone else wants to charge for them, then it would be their choice.
    These business do not charge a fee to call a toll free number, but it will count against your minute usage for any of these companies as they are considered an outbout call...

Does that make sense?

This is still causing me some issues.

Tim, I love how the International calling limit was modified to have a dollar limit, rather than only a minute limit.

If y'all could do the same for "local" calls, that would solve the problem of (outbound) toll free calls counting against minute limits, even though they are no-cost calls.

Any chance we could put such a mod on the to-do list? (soon?)

So I have been away up north on a project and am just getting back in the saddle...

My question is how you are having your customers login to their sip... are they logging into the toll free number or is there a local number and the toll free is forwarded to the local...

All outbound calls should be set to the local number not the toll free.

Just trying to understand your customers setup.