Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is $12.41 ($149/12 mo) best avail deal after promo period is over?

Default Is $12.41 ($149/12 mo) best avail deal after promo period is over?

I have minimal Vonage service because most of my light home office calls are to toll free numbers for teleconferencing. I use less than my alloted 300 minutes a month for local and toll calls (and place no int'l calls), and so have a plan that is currently at $9.99/month but Vonage just noticed me that it is going to $11.99/mo with 500 minutes local/toll.

I'm interested in Voipo and porting my local number, but I'm concerned that the current non-promo rate is higher than what I pay now, even with Vonage's price increase. Are Voipo customers typically offered additional promo rates or other customer loyalty rates below the monthly cost shown (well, buried really) in the Voipo terms of service? I don't want to have to go shopping in a year or two and re-port. Thanks.

Default Re: Is $12.41 ($149/12 mo) best avail deal after promo period is over?

Our standard rate after the initial promotion period is $149/Yr or $15/Mo, but we do occasionally offer promotional offers for "early renewal". Those must be taken advantage of when we offer them though. With the current promotion offering 2 years of service, the odds that we will run a renewal promotion sometime in a 2 year period are pretty good since it's quite a while.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I will comment, as a former Vonage customer, that Vonage adds quite a bit in "fees" that VOIPo does not. You'll probably find that the final price is much closer, if not in VOIPO's favor. And, as Tim says, the renewa promotions can be an excellent deal.
    Steve

I am a former Vonage customer and switched to VOIPo 3 months ago. The added fees and taxes were almost 50% of the monthly cost so $9.99 was turning out to be ~$15 for me with Vonage.

After switching to VOIPo and using their forwarding service I am paying $4.95(no fees or taxes) and only 25cents per min after 300 minutes. I however hardly ever go over 300 minutes so almost 3 times less money for same reliable service after switching to VOIPo.

Quote Originally Posted by khantpr View Post
    I am a former Vonage customer and switched to VOIPo 3 months ago. The added fees and taxes were almost 50% of the monthly cost so $9.99 was turning out to be ~$15 for me with Vonage.

After switching to VOIPo and using their forwarding service I am paying $4.95(no fees or taxes) and only 25cents per min after 300 minutes. I however hardly ever go over 300 minutes so almost 3 times less money for same reliable service after switching to VOIPo.

I can't seem to find that $4.95 (no fees or taxes) rate/300 hrs anywhere on this web site.

I want to switch from Vonage also. Their service was ~$15+2fees+3taxes=$20 for 500 hrs. This went to ~$18+4fees+4taxes=$26 for the same hours. Now it's being raised to $20+4fees+5taxes=$29 for 700 hrs. I didn't even need the 500 hours, so definitely don't need the 700 hours. I'm usually under 100hrs but never more than 200 hours.

Can any one direct me to that $4.95 plan or something that doesn't get blown up with fees and taxes? Thanks in advance

What I have is their Forwarded Local Service (http://www.voipo.com/local-voip-number.shtml) which is $4.95/month and I use the Obi110 ATA (http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html...=A4VT9X8JBKS16) which is $49.99 one time charge.

I have configured the SIP account on VOIPo and set-up SIP account on Obi110 SP2 for incoming only and its been working flawlesslessly. I use Google Voice for outbound and inbound calls on SP1 using Obi110.

I am not at all tech savy...so I have some questions:
    1) What is SIP
    2) Since you have google voice, why have VOIPo too
    3) What service is being forwarded
    4) Were you able to keep your old # from vonage

Doing some research and discovered that you cannot port a landline to Google Voice. Isn't Vonage considered a landline?
    My main concern is keeping my current phone number at Vonage but not paying their deceiving prices.

You can port a number from Vonage - I did.
    Steve

OK - What am I missing? I port my Vonage # to VOIPo Forwarded Local Service, which then forwards to Google Voice. But GV wants to know what # to forward calls to...which then goes back to VOIPo and creates a loop. Do I need another number in the mix for this to work? Please draw me a picture so I can understand what you techies are talking about.