Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Caller ID on outbound calls

Default No Caller ID on outbound calls

Any outbound calls from my VoipO number shows up as "Unknown" or "Private Caller" or something to that effect? It seems to be a VoipO problem as this shows up on Google Voice, Sprint Cell Phone, Skype and Go To Meeting.

I have a ticket logged but 10 hours so far and no response. XUC-423775

Default Re: No Caller ID on outbound calls

I have noticed that I am also experiencing the same problem since yesterday (03/11/2011). One of the recipient mentioned that they see the caller id as "Withheld". Not sure what that means.

Created a new support ticket SZY-490783.

We have had several reports of this and have isolated it to a particular upstream carrier partner (Bandwidth.com) and calls to certain areas they serve. This occurs when that partner is the carrier delivering calls to the destination after they leave the VOIPo network.

We have reported this issue to them and are waiting for them to resolve it as the issue is on their network.

Once resolved, all caller IDs should be sent normally (unless you block it).
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 03-12-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks for your quick response, Tim.

I am also noticing that most of my outbound calls get a "busy" signal, as soon as I dial the number. Do you think, this behavior is also something to do with that upstream carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by tirurv View Post
    Thanks for your quick response, Tim.

I am also noticing that most of my outbound calls get a "busy" signal, as soon as I dial the number. Do you think, this behavior is also something to do with that upstream carrier?
    No, that's likely unrelated. I'd recommend opening a support ticket for that. My guess is that a router is blocking our audio stream so once the call connects and the audio starts, it doesn't get through, but support can verify for you and help you resolve.

Just contact support@voipo.com about it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Does VoIPo add/change providers (e.g., Bandwidth.com) frequently? Spot market for prices? If so, is there a "qualified service provider process" to screen them?

Quote Originally Posted by stevech View Post
    Does VoIPo add/change providers (e.g., Bandwidth.com) frequently? Spot market for prices? If so, is there a "qualified service provider process" to screen them?
    Absolutely. Upstream providers are always changing for pretty much any VoIP provider that's running a profitable business. If a provider doesn't always optimizing routing as the market changes or uses a single carrier to deliver all calls, it would be almost impossible for them to be profitable. Pricing differences for the same exact US destination between carriers can be a 3000% difference or more. As an example, calls to a destination may quite literally be $0.001 vs $0.03 per minute depending on the carrier used to deliver the call and that price changes all the time (especially when peering is involved). As a general rule of thumb, different carriers are more competitive in different regions.

We only work with high-quality carrier partners. Bandwidth.com (provider experiencing this issue) has been one of our main carrier partners since 2006. They also handle traffic for Google Voice, Skype, etc.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 03-13-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Ditto on the outbound ID problem. Seeing on almost all calls.

Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Ditto on the outbound ID problem. Seeing on almost all calls.
    Me too, but only certain calls, one being a call to an AT&T POTS landline number.
    See post #3 in thread
    http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=2870

We are told that this is resolved. If you were experiencing this problem, please retest now.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com