Thread: Voipo Slows Internet, Streaming Video?

Default Voipo Slows Internet, Streaming Video?

Assuming I can hookup Voipo with my current hardware, once its on and running will it slow down my internet connection? I'm looking to cancel cable TV and switch to streaming content only like Hulu, Netflix, ESPN360, etc...

Will Voipo (or any other internet phone service like Vonage, MagicJack, etc...) hurt my streaming online audio/visual enjoyment?

Default Re: Voipo Slows Internet, Streaming Video?

No

10char

Default Re: Voipo Slows Internet, Streaming Video?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneBillCrazy View Post
    Assuming I can hookup Voipo with my current hardware, once its on and running will it slow down my internet connection? I'm looking to cancel cable TV and switch to streaming content only like Hulu, Netflix, ESPN360, etc...

Will Voipo (or any other internet phone service like Vonage, MagicJack, etc...) hurt my streaming online audio/visual enjoyment?
    No, but without attention to data type prioritization in the router, if you have a modest bandwidth Internet connection, the streaming video might negatively impact VoIP.

Be sure to get lots of bandwidth, say, a good cable modem service, not DSL, to stream a lot of video and do VoIP. And you may need a home router that can prioritize VoIP traffic.