Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Forum posts requiring moderation

Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

Quote Originally Posted by zevin View Post
    Well this is just wrong... I spent 2+ hours writing out some 'how to guides' only to have them go into moderation hell.

I tried to post a guide on how to wire your whole house to your VoIP adapter... after I got the moderation message I decided not to post my other how to guides.

The others were on twisted pair wiring and their color code, VoIP and security systems, and VoIP and 911.

I can't get a 'how to guide' posted but every spamer in Russia can open a new thread.
    The forum software does the detection.

I just cleared out the queue approving everything legit.

I'm going to be contacting people who offered to help moderate in the next week or so and kick that off.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

A message I posted yesterday got the "moderation" message and never got posted yet another (in the same thread) posted fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    A message I posted yesterday got the "moderation" message and never got posted yet another (in the same thread) posted fine.
    Each message is analyzed by the software/spam service individually and flagged or not flagged so in that case it didn't like something in one of your messages, but did the other. The one it didn't like is pending for us to approve.

I know the posting delay is a hassle sometimes when it gets a false positive but you'd be amazed how much legit spam it does pick up. We could have several full-time employees deleting SPAM all day if we didn't use it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

This was the message that was flagged (and it had a quote of VoipoBrandon's message in it): "Hmmm, I wonder: My FALLOVER number is my cell phone. I wonder if there is any connection there?"

Look at this message (#11 which was flagged): http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...5596#post25596

And then look at the next message #12 which was not flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Each message is analyzed by the software/spam service individually and flagged or not flagged so in that case it didn't like something in one of your messages, but did the other. The one it didn't like is pending for us to approve.

I know the posting delay is a hassle sometimes when it gets a false positive but you'd be amazed how much legit spam it does pick up. We could have several full-time employees deleting SPAM all day if we didn't use it.

My reply to you (previous message) was "tagged for moderation" ... it's still hidden as I type this one. But will this be tagged ... let's see.

No it wasn't. It seems every message I post with a "quote" in it is flagged,

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    My reply to you (previous message) was "tagged for moderation" ... it's still hidden as I type this one. But will this be tagged ... let's see.

No it wasn't. It seems every message I post with a "quote" in it is flagged,
    Test ... this message is quoting myself .... will it be flagged?

Nope ... I give up!

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
    This is getting old! Maybe consider countryblock or something similar on the server?? There are addons to other forums that make signups by these bots close to impossible. Im curious if they exist for these guys also...
    Last edited by chpalmer; 12-24-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    I Void Warranties.

I had one posted to the BYOD forum about a week ago still waiting to be "approved". I guess its lost in Digital Disneyland.

***Update 12/26 - I see it now but it did take several days before it was moderated and allowed to be posted.
    Proud VoIPo.com Customer since Dec 2008

just FYI... I just wrote a fairly lengthy post that went into moderation...

And I just had a short post with no URLs go into moderation. Strange.
    Steve