Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Forum posts requiring moderation

Default Re: Forum posts requiring moderation

Same here.....short posts with no URL's with no valid reason are getting moderated. Ridiculous. If the settings are not going to be changed, then at least assign a person to routinely screen the moderated posts once a day. How long would it take, 5-10 minutes??

Same here. All of my recent posts say that it needs to be moderated prior to viewing online. mike...

(Except for this post. It posted immediately). I think it's just in the home forum or when replying. mike......\
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

It seems like this SPAM filter is out of control. I did some research and was able to tweak it some:

1) I switched to a new SPAM service. This one seems to get way too many false positives. We're now checking against https://akismet.com/ instead of the http://antispam.typepad.com/ service we were using.

2) I found a way to set a limit on it so that it can skip scanning posts from users with a post count over the threshold. Before this was not being factored in.

Let me know if this helps.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Tim; seems to be working fine. Because of business and a lot of out of town traveling; I haven't visited the forums lately, so I'm not sure if this has been a chronic problem or not. But yesterday and today has been fine. thanks. mike.....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

This issue is back again. No sound reason for my posts to need moderator approvals.

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    This issue is back again. No sound reason for my posts to need moderator approvals.
    We recently upgraded to a more robust SPAM solution that is a lot more aggressive. We had somewhere around 3K messages a day hitting and a lot were still getting through so we had to up it. The new software uses a ton of different things to determine what to flag in addition to the SPAM filtering service we had been using. It may pick up a few more false positives that'll be flagged, but ultimately the SPAM was so out of control it's a necessary evil to have to have it be overly aggressive in flagging.

The good news is that we can "whitelist" known users so I will whitelist you and any other long-time/verified users that request it so that it ignores your posts and won't flag them. This is taken care of for you now and all your posts will be ignored by the spam filter. If any other long-time users run into issues and want to be whitelisted, just reply and let me know and I'll whitelist you as long as you've been a long-time/familiar member.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Looks like the new system is working well. Just a good job with the team into putting up all the efforts on making this a clean community.