Thread: pap2t config?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default pap2t config?

I have a snom 300 in my home office, works fine. The cordless home phone is connected to an IAXy, and also works fine. Except. I found out that the IAXy will not generate ringback tone (pretty lame, I think). So I have to set freepbx to generate ringback always on outbound calls, except that is not recommended due to various IVRs out there. So... I want to replace the IAXy with a PAP2T, but I'm not sure how to configure it. The configs I've found online have been for specific service providers. For one thing, I do NOT want the pap2t to do vertical service codes, since asterisk is providing that capability. Any clues much appreciated...

Default Re: pap2t config?

well, i think i got it. used voxilla wizard to generate a config for another provider, then went thru and changed as needed. the one oddity was that calling the cordless phone generated no ringing at the cordless units. google revealed that others have had this and needed to change ring signal from sinusoidal to trapezoidal. good to go!

One bummer: I have voipstreet, vitelity and callcentric as backup outbound trunks. I can force a call on them by dialing 11 digits with 3, 4 or 5 respectively instead of the leading '1'. Works fine (up until now). With the dialplan pattern matcher in the pap2t (standard sipura deal), this collides with the 7-digit pattern I had used ([2-9]xxxxxx). Apparently, if I try to dial out using, say, callcentric, I would dial '5508384xxxx' to call my kids at my ex's house. Unfortunately, this is (I infer) ambiguous, so the pap2t sends my asterisk server the dial string '5508384', as a 7-digit number. Asterisk then prefixes '1508' to it and tries to dial that. This worked with my old IAXy, since it has no concept of dial patterns. It also (still) works with my SNOM office phone, since it has no concept either - it dials only when you hit the dial button and sends the whole string. The main point of having the extra providers was for redundancy, but being anal, I wanted to be able to force calls out the other providers. I still have that, but can't now use that from the home cordless handsets. Am I missing something here? If not, I'll just learn to live with it (for now, I've restored 7/11 digit dialplan force the pap2t, and forget forcing calls out the other trunks - yes, I know I could add some unambiguous prefix like '*9' or something, as long as it doesn't collide with existing feature codes...

Hmmm, I had had 7-digit dialing with S1 on the end and I found a post that said that might not be enough, so I should increase it to 2 seconds with S2. I did, and now I can dial 7 digits or 11 digits, with 1-5 as the lead digit. Yay. Merry Christmas everyone...
    Last edited by dswartz; 12-25-2007 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Update

Glad you're up and running. I would have posted replies to both of your messages, but you had already figured out work-arounds before I read them. (I suppose that's a good thing.. ) Another thing you could do with your system is to prepend a specific * code for trunk select. You can also make it a # code--if the # is explicitly referenced in your dial plan or your "Feature dial services codes" (under the Regional tab), the PAP2 will not treat the # key as a sequence termination signal (e.g. send dialed digits now). Using the Feature Dial Services Codes field allows you to indicate the vertical service codes you use--enter each one in there separated by a pipe, and your PAP2 will give you the 'prompt tone' once it recognizes one of these sequences being dialed. Then, the numbers following the prompt tone are matched against your standard dial plan, but the vertical service code is prepended by the PAP when it sends the invite to your * server. My thanks to sbradshaw for pointing this one out to me on the VT forum at BBR.