Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the BYOD device in parallel with existing VOIPo phone?

Default Re: Is the BYOD device in parallel with existing VOIPo phone?

Quote Originally Posted by chpalmer View Post
    Are you connected through your home network when you try this?
    Yes, I have my VOIPo provided ATA connected to my home network (in front of wireless router) and I'm also connecting my iOS device and Android devices to the same network via wifi. I made sure my iOS SIP softphone was not registered to the VOIPo network and then tried to register the Andrioid device using the Sipdriod app. With sipdriod, I can make outbound calls but it won't ring for inbound calls. I played around with all the configuration settings and I can't see that I've done anything incorrectly. Then, I tried using the CSipSimple app and I was able to make outbound calls, plus inbound calls successfully rang the Android device but voice quality on the inbound calls was really bad and those calls were usually dropped in short order.

Since my wife's Android phone is a T-Mobile device and the native "internet calling" feature in Gingerbread has been disabled, I wonder if this has any bearing on my ability to configure and operate 3rd party sip apps like Sipdroid or CSipSimple?
    Last edited by Tooth; 06-11-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: Is the BYOD device in parallel with existing VOIPo phone?

I was able to use the root browser app to modify the permissions on my wife's phone and enable the native SIP feature ("internet calling") on my wife's android running gingerbread 2.3.6. I'm able to successfully register the softphone and outbound calls work perfectly, but when inbound calls are answered I can't hear the other party and the other party can't hear me. Then I disabled the native softphone and tried using the cSIPsimple app instead, but I end up with the same results. I've tried various configurations in cSIPsimple including the use of the ICE and STUN settings, but I have had no joy with inbound calls.

Strange thing is that I have configured my iOS device with a softphone application and both inbound and outbound calls work perfectly on it, so it can't be an issue with my home network, right?