Thread: Incoming calls getting busy signal

Default Incoming calls getting busy signal

Recently purchased a few new numbers. All of these new numbers can make calls okay, but incoming calls get a busy signal.

I've checked against the box by using older, unused numbers and it works. Its also not a minutes usage thing error.

My hunch is that there is an issue with these new numbers in particular because these numbers are for an area code that I assume is in high demand.

Unfortunately, support has not been as quick as it has been in the past and I need this resolved within a few hours. No one is answering the phone or chat and my ticket has been open since yesterday.

Default Re: Incoming calls getting busy signal

That is frustrating.

Would be nice to have more system access or tools/training so resellers could self-diagnose things like this. That way we'd know for sure if there was a provisioning issue, or if it was just a local network/port/routing issue that we could fix ourselves.

Then, if it turns out to be a provisioning/system issue, it would be nice to have a reseller hotline of come kind.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    That is frustrating.

Would be nice to have more system access or tools/training so resellers could self-diagnose things like this. That way we'd know for sure if there was a provisioning issue, or if it was just a local network/port/routing issue that we could fix ourselves.

Then, if it turns out to be a provisioning/system issue, it would be nice to have a reseller hotline of come kind.
    I am in full agreement. It be nice to see the logs to see why numbers are having issues, it would cut down on calls and support costs for voipo.

Even if we cant get a hotline it be nice to have a section in the ticket system for resellers or a separate reseller ticket system. i am tired of responses saying they are going to pass it to the reseller queue. Give me access to put it in their queue myself and save the delay.

I got this sorted out later that day. This particular area code takes longer to provisions so that was the reason for the busy signal. It was working very well the next day.

I agree with the need for a better system.