Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No voice on incoming calls.

Default Re: No voice on incoming calls.

kayakbuilder,

I had an issue when I was configured with my ATA between my modem and router. I had to move it inside my network. The issue was with my cable modem.

Can you tell me how many registration line you have for your ATA?

Features --> Devices.

You should have 2.

My issue was obscure, but the symptoms were similar.

Dave.

I think I tried moving it inside my network once and that didn't work either. I do have 2 registration lines under Features --> Devices.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakbuilder View Post
    I'm fairly new to Voipo and have been having the same issue. We had it from the start, and openned a ticket then. I rebooted the ATA and the problem went away. After a week or so it came back. Rebooting sometimes fixes it. Sometimes it takes several iterations of reboots. This is getting frustating.

Mine is set up internet > cable modem > ATA > router.
    Please contact support@voipo.com and request a troubleshooting call. A senior agent can work with you to diagnose your setup.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

There is a ticket open on it. My wife opened it on 8/19. I got the info from my wife earlier this evening, logged in and found that Voipo had requested info from us, but my wife did not let me know they were waiting on us. Hopefully this will get resolved quickly, as I have given Voipo the requested info.

The support tech had me reboot again. This time it worked. Not sure if they did something on their end or what? But, working again is good.

VoIPo was marginal but usable for months, no more.
    Every imaginable service failure for weeks now.
    No ring but if you know to pick up it works.
    Dead silence at both ends or at one end.
    Power cycling and rebooting no help.
    Telemarketer and/or blacklist blocking never ever worked.
    Customer service "LIVE CHAT" says I'm #3 in queue,
    wait time less than 1 minute ... well over two hours later
    I'm #1, still waiting, estimate never varies,
    I give up, I'm hungry! We kids use GSM, Skype,
    etc. but 92-year-old great-gran needs her phone.

Peace
    --Devon

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    VoIPo was marginal but usable for months, no more.
    Every imaginable service failure for weeks now.
    No ring but if you know to pick up it works.
    Dead silence at both ends or at one end.
    Power cycling and rebooting no help.
    Telemarketer and/or blacklist blocking never ever worked.
    Customer service "LIVE CHAT" says I'm #3 in queue,
    wait time less than 1 minute ... well over two hours later
    I'm #1, still waiting, estimate never varies,
    I give up, I'm hungry! We kids use GSM, Skype,
    etc. but 92-year-old great-gran needs her phone.

Peace
    --Devon

Hello Devon,

While that is not common it is not good to hear one of our members had that kind of experience. Please PM me so that we can discuss and resolve your situation.

I can sympathize with those of you having problems. I am a VOIPo customer of just over a month. Everything was great the first month. But for about a week now all phone calls are choppy and sound worse than my cell phone ever did. And now as of yesterday I can not make a phone call that will last more than about 30 seconds. The system just hangs up the call. Nothing has changed on my end. I do have the proper ports forwarded along with everything else that has been suggested to me. I even stood on 1 foot and did an old Indian chant but my call still was cut off after 30 seconds. I'm giving this service another week to correct itself before I cencel and move on. I came from VYL Media and they just worked 100%. Thought I'd save $10 per month with VOIPo. But I guess it's true. You do get what you pay for. Oh and my internet service is rock solid. I am with Uverse and have the 12mbit service. My internet provider is not the problem.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    I can sympathize with those of you having problems. I am a VOIPo customer of just over a month. Everything was great the first month. But for about a week now all phone calls are choppy and sound worse than my cell phone ever did. And now as of yesterday I can not make a phone call that will last more than about 30 seconds. The system just hangs up the call. Nothing has changed on my end. I do have the proper ports forwarded along with everything else that has been suggested to me. I even stood on 1 foot and did an old Indian chant but my call still was cut off after 30 seconds. I'm giving this service another week to correct itself before I cencel and move on. I came from VYL Media and they just worked 100%. Thought I'd save $10 per month with VOIPo. But I guess it's true. You do get what you pay for. Oh and my internet service is rock solid. I am with Uverse and have the 12mbit service. My internet provider is not the problem.

Bob
    Hello Bob,

I see that you have contacted our support group and was advised on a few things to try. It looks like that has not resolved the issue. Please PM me your VOIPo username so that we can take a look. I'll be happy to either have a senior agent or myself review the history and assist with getting the issue resolved.

I've noticed this problem the past about week and a half too. I have a feeling there may be an underlying issue seeing multiple people are suddenly experiencing it. I've never had this issue before, where an incoming call is picked up by me, they can hear me but i can't hear the other person. Like the others, i've made 0 changes to my network or setup, the issue just started recently. I've also been experiencing this on outgoing calls occasionally too. It is not happening all the time but when it does, i've been having to tell the person on the other end after a few of my "hello"s with no responses back to me, that my phone is messed up and i'll call them right back. I call them back and it works fine. Sigh...