Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No voice on incoming calls.

Question No voice on incoming calls.

I have had incoming call issues the last two Saturdays. Last week the issue was that incoming calls were going straight to voicemail. After rebooting the Grandstream HT502 the issue was gone. Today I'm having an issue of incoming calls not having any audio. I did a test call from my mobile phone, my wife picked up and I could not hear anything from her, but she could hear me. I'm sure if I reboot it will resolve the issue for a few days, but I need a fix for this. I don't need my wife jumping me about phone issues every week!
    I will be making a support call Monday after work, but if anyone has any ideas about what may be going on, I would appreciate any feedback on this issue.

One other thing, I notice that phone 1 and phone 2 are blinking on the ATA, is this normal?

Here is my setup:

Static IP setup: HT502
    Selected Statically Configured As
    Assigned IP address of: 192.168.1.151
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Router: 192.168.1.1 (Linksys wrt54gl)
    DNS Server 1: 156.154.70.1 (default from VOIPo)
    DNS Server 2: 156.154.71.1 (default from VOIPo)

Ports 5004-65000 (UDP) were forwarded to 192.168.1.151 in Linksys WRT54GL router

Thanks,
    Steve
    Last edited by jst1960; 04-03-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention phone 1 and 2 blinking on the ATA

Exclamation Re: No voice on incoming calls.

Just started having this issue in the last couple of days, i.e. incoming calls can't hear me although I can hear the caller just fine.

Outgoing calls work just fine.

Rebooting the Grandstream didn't help.

I've opened a support ticket.

Default Re: No voice on incoming calls.

Tim, is the Grandstream inside your router's LAN or outside of it? If inside, have you set up port forwarding? I find I get exactly that symptom if I have not done port forwarding correctly (my adapter simply does not work when I put it outside my router.)
    Steve

Comcast Modem then Grandstream then router, so I haven't needed to open any ports. Note that I've only had this trouble in the last couple of days...the service has worked fine otherwise.

Incoming does not work. Either the call goes directly to voicemail, or rings and I get dial tone when answered and the caller continues to hear side tone ring until voice mail answers. This started Friday evening. Rebooted modem and HT. Opened ticket, but don't know if support is available over the holiday weekend.

5/28/2011 - Now working. Incoming and outgoing call are just fine. Didn't do anything. Just started to work. Blame it on Comcast?
    Last edited by rcc344; 05-28-2011 at 08:02 AM.

In my case I got an email from tech support that I had set "block unknown callers" which blocks anyone not on the whitelist. Not sure how that disabled the answering machine message or blocked us from hearing the callers, but in any case their remote tweaking fixed things and we can now be heard and callers get our answering machine message. Thanks tech support for responding on a Saturday night on a holiday weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhoCallMeTim View Post
    In my case I got an email from tech support that I had set "block unknown callers" which blocks anyone not on the whitelist. . .

FYI, selecting "block all unknown calls" in the "block private calls" tab only blocks calls marked as private, anonymous etc.

In call routes you can "block all unknown contacts" which will block anyone not in your contact list or whitelist.

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    FYI, selecting "block all unknown calls" in the "block private calls" tab only blocks calls marked as private, anonymous etc.

In call routes you can "block all unknown contacts" which will block anyone not in your contact list or whitelist.
    So in Features there is a drop-down whose options are:
    Allow Blocked Calls
    Block Calls Marked as Private
    Block All Unknown Calls

What is the difference between the last two? Currently I have "Block Calls Marked as Private" but if I set it to "Block All Unknown Calls" I should be okay and not run into the problem with callers not hearing us or the answering machine not playing its message?

Thanks!

Also, how does Features: Telemarketer block work? Does it key off of a form of phone number or off of some internal list that voipo has?

Thanks!

The way Telemarketer Block is supposed to work is that it goes from a list built by suggestions from users who select the "submit to telemarketer block" function for a number. I would imagine there is some threshold of reports before a number goes on the list.
    Steve