Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No voice on incoming calls.

Default Re: No voice on incoming calls.

Quote Originally Posted by WHiZ View Post
    I've noticed this problem the past about week and a half too. I have a feeling there may be an underlying issue seeing multiple people are suddenly experiencing it. I've never had this issue before, where an incoming call is picked up by me, they can hear me but i can't hear the other person. Like the others, i've made 0 changes to my network or setup, the issue just started recently. I've also been experiencing this on outgoing calls occasionally too. It is not happening all the time but when it does, i've been having to tell the person on the other end after a few of my "hello"s with no responses back to me, that my phone is messed up and i'll call them right back. I call them back and it works fine. Sigh...
    From everything we've seen these all appear to be isolated issues and we haven't noticed any trends.

Typically on forums, only the people with issues will take time to post so I understand why it may look like it may be widespread, but it's definitely not.

If you have issues, you'll need to work with support@voipo.com to address them. If you've already done so, just request that your ticket go to Tier II for further assistance.

99.999999% of the time, audio issues are related to using another router with our service that is not letting all the traffic through to our adapter. If you have not done so already, you should try setting up port forwarding on your router. We recommend forwarding UDP ports 5004-65000 to the adapter.

What happens is that each call uses a random port and if your router isn't letting the audio through, you'll have one way audio (while it may be letting traffic on the ports we use to connect the call through). That's also why audio issues can randomly appear. Depending on what providers are involved in the carrier, our system load, etc a different port range will be used and it's often a situation where routers may allow some traffic on certain ports through but if we get into a higher range for some calls they don't which results in some calls having audio issues and some not.

More than likely the port forwarding will completely resolve your issues because it makes sure that all the traffic on any port we would possibly use gets through to the device whether the router thinks it should or not.

If you don't know how to do this, our support team will be more than happy to help. For complex issues, I definitely recommend e-mailing as we have our most experienced agents working e-mail/tickets since that's the most efficient method of support. The phones and chat techs have typically have the least experience and can provide basic assistance only.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 11-15-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Well I worked with support yesterday. The problem seemed to clear up for about 2 hours. Then just like before I could not hear the party I was calling. I then called Walgreens automated phone system and I was hung up on after approx. 5 seconds. It's almost as if there is a disconnect signal or something being sent out by VOIPo. I am sorry to say that this is just unacceptable. The service worked great for the first month. Then mysteriously without any changes on my end I start having problems. And right at the same time others are reporting the same problems. I will wait a few days to see if VOIPo fixes things on their end. Then I will have to go elsewhere for my phone service. I must add that my cell phone with Sprint works great 100% of the time even when calling the same numbers and automated systems that fail with VOIPo. Sorry guys but I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    The service worked great for the first month. Then mysteriously without any changes on my end I start having problems.
    Just wondering if Uverse could have pushed a recent firmware update to your gateway/router? There have been threads on this forum before regarding issues with Uverse customers and firmware problems. Getting Voipo to work correctly with Uverse and FIOS seems to be more tricky for some customers versus those with a standard cable/DSL modem setup.

I've noticed the quality of Voipo being much worse for me over the last few weeks. Call quality has been pretty flaky and people have noticed and said something to me.

I haven't changed routers or providers. I've also had port forwarding set up since I started. At the same time, I have another voip provider, and my service has been fine. Not sure if support will be able to work on.

Let me say that tech support finally solved all of my issues. But it wasn't easy. I don't know why our support tickets can't be handled by one person throughout the whole process. I think I had 5 or 6 different people respond to me. VOIPo kept pointing the fingers at my end and I knew nothing had changed on my end. Finally after I insisted again the problem was on their end and being asked to run another network test on my end I told them I wanted to cancel. Mysteriously all my problems cleared up within a couple hours. I strongly feel the problem was on the company side and not mine since nothing here was changed. Those of you having these problems after having had good service should keep at tech support. I now have a good working service once again.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    I've noticed the quality of Voipo being much worse for me over the last few weeks. Call quality has been pretty flaky and people have noticed and said something to me.

I haven't changed routers or providers. I've also had port forwarding set up since I started. At the same time, I have another voip provider, and my service has been fine. Not sure if support will be able to work on.
    One simple thing to check if you're getting poor audio quality (as apposed to no audio at all) is to make sure you don't have some background service tying up all of your internet bandwidth. I had a customer who's call quality was perfect for several months, then one week it became awful. After testing, it turned out that one of the kids had installed a torrent downloader/server that was wide open with no throttling. It tied up almost all the bandwidth, so calls were dropping packets and sounded terrible. We shut off the torrent client and all was well again.

Viruses can have the same effect, so make sure your systems are clean.

Ok, I'm having all sorts of bizarre issues with my phone now.

When people call me, on my side of the phone it behaves like the call immediately terminates. On the caller's end, all they hear is silence. Or, alternately, I answer and they can hear me, but I can't hear them. Either behavior happens seemingly randomly. When I tried calling THEM back, either I get what sounds like a busy signal, or (in the case where I tried calling an AT&T cell phone) my calls go straight through to voice mail and don't ring at all on the cell phone, despite it being on and available for calls.

Even odder, when I tried calling one number, the call went to my failover forward number, not to where I actually dialed.

I'm going to put a service ticket in, but I'm expecting everyone is off for the weekend.

I've had lots of weird problems crop up starting on Saturday 11/26. Outgoing calls would go straight to voicemail on multiple providers, incoming calls today are one-way, or not connecting properly. Nothing has changed on my end in weeks, ports are forwarded. I opened a ticket and they fixed the outgoing issue for now, bit the incoming problem has been consistent most of the day.

If you are experiencing issues, you'll need to contact support@voipo.com for assistance so that our support team can help your troubleshoot your home network and/or internet connection.

There are no issues on our end at this time. If we are experiencing issues, we always post on http://twitter.com/voipo to let everyone know.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Sadly I have to join this thread. I've had the adapter for a couple of weeks, and used it for outgoing calls with no problems, while the port finished. That happened yesterday, and now that the incoming calls are coming through VOIPo, I am having issues with many callers not being able to hear me. Does not seem to happen with all calls, just some. None of the suggestions in this thread have helped.

Setup is Cable Modem (Comcast) --> Grandstream --> Linksys router

Since I work at home, I need my phone working correctly. I can't believe that I am missing AT&T after just two days.

Opened a ticket, let's see what they say. But as a new customer, I am less than impressed.