Thread: Multiple DIDS in 1 account

Default Multiple DIDS in 1 account

I have clients that want to order multiple numbers if I add teh numbers in 1 account will they get multiple SIP credentials or will Voipo automatically forward them all to the one account.

The goal here is to provide them 1 main number but allow them to have multiple outbound / inbound calls over the limit of 2 channels per DID.

Default Re: Multiple DIDS in 1 account

There are no channel limits for resellers. You can have multiple calls over a single registration or simply connect multiple times with same credentials.

Each account only has 1 set of credentials. If you add additional numbers to the account, those numbers just forward to the main number on the account.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Tim,

Thank you. You just made me extremely happy as well as made it real easy to compete against some local voip companies.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    There are no channel limits for resellers. You can have multiple calls over a single registration or simply connect multiple times with same credentials.

Each account only has 1 set of credentials. If you add additional numbers to the account, those numbers just forward to the main number on the account.
    This is very cool. Is that like a Virtual PRI? I guess it would make sense that a Reseller Account offers as much capacity as the Reseller can sell.

I am creating an IVR at VOIP.ms. If I point a VOIPo DID at the IVR, and it can answer unlimited number of calls, how many incoming calls can the VOIPo DID take at one time? How is each one billed? And if any can't be answered, what happens to them? Does it work the same way if the account is going to the failover?

I think I can create as many SIP subaccounts over there as I like and have them answer the incoming traffic using Queues or Ring Groups. They might even do that for free via SIP, but that does not sound fair.

Thanks for any information.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyComms View Post
    This is very cool. Is that like a Virtual PRI? I guess it would make sense that a Reseller Account offers as much capacity as the Reseller can sell.

I am creating an IVR at VOIP.ms. If I point a VOIPo DID at the IVR, and it can answer unlimited number of calls, how many incoming calls can the VOIPo DID take at one time? How is each one billed? And if any can't be answered, what happens to them? Does it work the same way if the account is going to the failover?

I think I can create as many SIP subaccounts over there as I like and have them answer the incoming traffic using Queues or Ring Groups. They might even do that for free via SIP, but that does not sound fair.

Thanks for any information.
    No limits on incoming simultaneous calls.

Since everything is billed by the minute, it's just billed by the minute. So if you have 2 simultaneous calls going at the same time and both last 10 minutes, you'd just pay for 20 minutes (10 on each). So basically it's all minute based...no extra charges.

Accounts are by default limited to 2 simultaneous outgoing calls, but this can be increased on a per account basis as needed by contacting support.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    No limits on incoming simultaneous calls.

Since everything is billed by the minute, it's just billed by the minute. So if you have 2 simultaneous calls going at the same time and both last 10 minutes, you'd just pay for 20 minutes (10 on each). So basically it's all minute based...no extra charges.

Accounts are by default limited to 2 simultaneous outgoing calls, but this can be increased on a per account basis as needed by contacting support.
    So I could not forward more than two calls to the SIP or DID accounts unless I requested more outgoing channels.

But if I had my own IVR server, and it could answer ten simultaneous calls, VOIPo would put them all through to my server?

And I could also have as many VOIPo SIP registrations at an outside PBX as I could arrange, and handle them however I wanted from there?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyComms View Post
    So I could not forward more than two calls to the SIP or DID accounts unless I requested more outgoing channels.

But if I had my own IVR server, and it could answer ten simultaneous calls, VOIPo would put them all through to my server?

And I could also have as many VOIPo SIP registrations at an outside PBX as I could arrange, and handle them however I wanted from there?
    This is correct - at this moment in time there are no limitations on incoming calls. However if you were forwarding these calls back out to the PSTN - you would be limited at two calls for that account by default. So as long as the incoming calls are being routed to a non-PSTN destination (registration, SIP URI, etc) - you should not come across any limitations.