Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comcast Users

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Comcast Users

Quote Originally Posted by N9MD View Post
    Aha! "very interesting ... but dumb!" -- quote from Arte Johnson as the German Soldier behind the bushes on TV's Laugh-In (1968-1973).

So, since I'll be in my Boca Raton FL home from this Sat thru the next weekend, just who do I speak to at Comcast and what do I say -- and do I have any leverage with which to politely and calmly threaten them?
    Honestly it's not something I'd imagine anyone on the phone would have any knowledge about. I've had Comcast twice now... Once when they took over the Adelphia territory when I lived in Boynton Beach and the other time when they took over Time Warner in Houston.

No problems ever with Time Warner, but Comcast has always been fun.

BTW, enjoy FL. Not sure if you know, but the HostGator office used to be in Boca as well off 441/7. I'll likely move back somewhere in that part of FL later on, but for now we need to go where we can hire CS employees at a reasonable cost and grow our businesses cost effectively. I'm young...plenty of time for FL in the 30s retirement phase.

We're looking at a few solutions...one possibly being port 80.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

No issues w/VOIPo yet, but I did have some issues with VT a few weeks ago, had to adjust my port range.

I have comcast in GA, lastnight in the developers mode when I order a # there were no issues but when the Public BETA got released I tried ordering a # but when it was called and I answered it automatically disconnected. haven't tried another # since but I will.

EDITED: Am I in the correct area? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GOODY View Post
    I have comcast in GA, lastnight in the developers mode when I order a # there were no issues but when the Public BETA got released I tried ordering a # but when it was called and I answered it automatically disconnected. haven't tried another # since but I will.

EDITED: Am I in the correct area? LOL.
    How long did you wait for the number to be activated? Sometimes it can take up to an hour to start working.

This kind of issue would only affect users using the home/business services because they have an adapter so it uses their internet connection.

We're going to be moving some things around in the forum so there will be separate sections coming in the next day or so to seperate the different types of services.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I tried within 1 min because the last # I created took seconds. Ok now I know about the time frame. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GOODY View Post
    I tried within 1 min because the last # I created took seconds. Ok now I know about the time frame. Thanks!
    Yeah sometimes it's quick, sometimes it'll take a bit longer depending on what all is pending/queued up.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Hey guys i need a little Help please
    I bought my Voipo adatper to day and plugged it into my phone and my router it does not work. Also a comcast user

HELP

Quote Originally Posted by GatorCRose View Post
    Hey guys i need a little Help please
    I bought my Voipo adatper to day and plugged it into my phone and my router it does not work. Also a comcast user

HELP
    This likely is not a comcast issue. I have someone looking at your account and it looks like something wasn't done on our end when you got it. VOIPoBrandon is going to fix it and will PM you in a few minutes.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Ahh okay
    Thanks Again Tim

Quote Originally Posted by GatorCRose View Post
    Ahh okay
    Thanks Again Tim
    Hey Chris,

You can also give our office a call tonight if you want and ask for Brandon. Should be in for at least a few more hours...

281-617-2000
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com