Thread: do you check port forwarding

Default do you check port forwarding

tech suport told me to check port fordwaring on my new HT502. what do they mean and how do you do it?
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: do you check port forwarding

This means to login to your router/gateway and view to make sure SIP port (tcp & udp 5060) are open as well as udp ports 10000 - 20000 are open and forwarded to the IP of the ht502.

What is the primary issue you're experiencing?

when I call someone out of my area code it rings, they answer and can hear me. But i cant hear them. also callid shows them that I am a unknown caller.
    How do I get into the grandstand to check its settings? I far with a computor but lack alot in the networking subject. Only tryed a few calls so far and it seems pretty good so far. the bad thing is I didnt get it until late Friday and only a little tech surport was around

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsean View Post
    This means to login to your router/gateway and view to make sure SIP port (tcp & udp 5060) are open as well as udp ports 10000 - 20000 are open and forwarded to the IP of the ht502.

What is the primary issue you're experiencing?
    I think VOIPo suggests udp 5004-65000.

yes but how do you do that. Is it the voipo box or my router that needs to be adjusted? I have my router after the voipo device. just dont know how to do it

You would normally setup port forwarding in your router, if your ATA was behind your router. Since your router is behind your ATA, port forwarding does not apply to you. Your internet connection (cable, DSL) is plugged from the cable or dsl modem into the WAN port of the ATA - right?

that is correct

Quote Originally Posted by 5122004650 View Post
    that is correct
    What kind of broadband connection do you have? Does your modem also function as a router - I suspect not since you mention a separate router but it never hurts to ask. If it does function as a router you may still need to port forward in your "modem-router".
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    I think VOIPo suggests udp 5004-65000.
    Interesting. Either way, the ports I mentioned are all I have open but I am bYod...