Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hostgator Support

Default Hostgator Support

I have been with hostgator for a long time. They used to have amazing support! There live chat staff used to be abel to help with most problems and there response times were amazing. All of a sudden lately there support SUCKS. The employees will not help you they will just throw any answer at your ticket so its marked "Answered" and the live chat staff just throws knowladgebase links at you. Honestly ive considered leaving. I was also going to be purchasing vps from them this year but im having to reconsider. Anyone else not liking there support?
    iVoIP Online
    http://www.ivoiponline.net
    877-208-2049

Default Re: Hostgator Support

They have been first rate for me. I only use their email support.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

There email support is fine most of the time because Linux Administrators answer and they seem to know what there doing all otheres are not helpful
    iVoIP Online
    877-208-2049

Most of the problems I come up with always get kicked up to level 2 or higher.
    It took them about 3 months to figure out how to get my email from being rejected by hotmail and msn.

They sounded like parrots, always asking "Have you checked your spf records?". (Almost like voipo's standard "Have you forwarded your ports?)

After a couple of these responses I pointed out that nothing had changed in my settings. One guy would say "I made a change and it's OK now", then a week later an email would get bounced.

I'd start another ticket, and they'd say "why did you make a change?" and I'd forward their previous reply and let them figure it out, no one seemed to have the ability, or thought, to check my ticket history.

From all my years in dealing with level 1 support I've learned that if the problem is not obvious (doesn't fit their troubling shooting script) it must be the customer's fault. Companies will have a room full of people to answer sales calls and a smattering to handle after sales support.

I use to travel a lot and saw this in many motels I stayed in. I would dial 0 and the phone would ring 10 times or more with no answer. I would hang up and dial 9, then call the motel's number and get answered in 2 rings or less.

Once cell phones became popular I'd call while the in house phone was ringing, always got the same result, the outside caller gets priority because it might be money coming in, but the guest had already paid, no need to give them priority.

EXACTLY! They are GREAT if receiving money but if not there horrible..
    iVoIP Online
    877-208-2049

If you have issues with HostGator support, just contact letusknow@hostgator.com and provide info about the experience and it will be addressed.

You should also use the ticket/chat ratings because the quality score for an employee is used for a lot of purposes internally including determining pay and providing retraining.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I contacted feedback@hostgator.com should I use letusknow instead?
    iVoIP Online
    877-208-2049

Either should be fine.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Unhappy Re: Hostgator and voipo Support

yes, in last 4 days i have called customer service many times and always got the respond to chat online and while to establish the chat connection found out that chat is offline also tried clicling on contact us on home page and it is a dead link and so far i am not having a good feeling about VOIPO it shows lack of comittment towards providing timely customer service. I am very disappointed yet.

VOIPO Username: 8472316505

Default Re: Hostgator and voipo Support

Quote Originally Posted by shaikhriz View Post
    yes, in last 4 days i have called customer service many times and always got the respond to chat online and while to establish the chat connection found out that chat is offline also tried clicling on contact us on home page and it is a dead link and so far i am not having a good feeling about VOIPO it shows lack of comittment towards providing timely customer service. I am very disappointed yet.

VOIPO Username: 8472316505
    Are you contacting us outside of business hours? Live support is available from 10AM - 6PM Central Time.

Our hold time this week is under 2 minutes and live chat has been operating normally, so there should be no issues getting through during those hours.

The contact link on our site is also working fine.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com