Thread: caller ID not working and call drops on answering machine

Default caller ID not working and call drops on answering machine

For the last few days all caller ID info shows is:

null>

and if I do not answer and let my local answering machine pick up, the call drops immediately and the caller doesn't even hear the answering machine and the call goes to voipo voice mail.

This used to work caller ID and answering machine.

Default Re: caller ID not working and call drops on answering machine

What are the ring settings in your vPanel? If it's the same number as your answering machine, they could be happening at 'the same time'. Try increasing your ring time before voicemail picks up (or disable your voipo voicemail altogether).

Default Re: caller ID not working and call drops on answering machine

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    What are the ring settings in your vPanel? If it's the same number as your answering machine, they could be happening at 'the same time'. Try increasing your ring time before voicemail picks up (or disable your voipo voicemail altogether).
    Thanks, I'll check that, but that wouldn't affect the caller ID issue I wouldn't think.

BUT as of this morning everything is working again with no changes on my end

The caller ID is now working better than ever (wouldn't always transmit number) and my local answering machine picks up and caller's can leave message as usual again.

If someone from VOIPO did something please let me know.

Thanks.