Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fax Number Cleanup

Default Fax Number Cleanup

Hey Guys,

The fax service seems to be working pretty flawlessly and we're taking it to production this week.

Two things are going to happen:

1) We're deploying new production fax servers dedicated to these and will need to copy existing numbers over there and remap them to the appropriate accounts.

2) This fax service is NOT a pass through service and these are delivered in T.38 format upstream. We just didn't want to do the whole pass through service that will occasionally be hit and miss.

With that being said, we are grouping these altogether and fax DIDs will not be the same DIDs that are in our general pool in most cases. There is one specific upstream carrier that we have opted to have provide them whereas the voice DIDs are pooled from Paetec, Global Crossing, and in worst case Level3.

Cleaning up any unused ones so we can get replenish the pool with fresh ones ALL from the preferred vendor will make things a lot easier for us.

Please go through your accounts and "remove" any fax numbers that you're not using/attached to. We will replenish the pool and you'll be able to get new ones within a week.

If you have a fax number you need to keep, go ahead and leave it and we can migrate it. It's not a huge deal.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Fax Number Cleanup

OK FAX number removed.

It sure is a rare to none need for me.
    I almost wish there was a service for 2-3 faxes a year.
    Then again, scan and email works pretty good for me.

Are you considering print-to-fax for outgoing?
    It sounds like you are saying a VOIPo to VOIPo server is the main plan.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Any news on the fax availability for express users?

Quote Originally Posted by dswartz View Post
    Any news on the fax availability for express users?
    I believe fax is available for express users. On the "Phone Numbers" tab, there is a "Create Fax" link in the blue menu border. Is that what you are looking for?

ACK, you're right. I didn't see that because I was looking for something in the pull-down menu. Thx

When I click on that, it shows me a pull down menu with a button that says to order an available number from the list, the menu is empty (e.g. no numbers.) Is this due to the migration, or am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by dswartz; 02-05-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Update

I'd guess that it's due to the migration--I just deleted my FAX number, and when I went to the "Create fax number" page (why I did, I have no idea), my freshly-deleted number was there, along with one other. It showed up as available to add for both my Residential and Express accounts.

Huh, I noticed for awhile there was one toll-free number, now it's back to none...

Wow--I guess we had to jump quickly if we wanted one of those 'legacy' FAX numbers...

Couple more TF numbers showed up. I faxed (using fax1.com) a 20-page fax to this number and it showed up just fine. Nice!

Fax to my number went where? :-( I found that the number no longer shows in my express account either.