Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BYOD Users: Testing Michigan Datacenter

Default Re: BYOD Users: Testing Michigan Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by racerdude View Post
    Just did a quick inbound and outbound test call on sip7 and it appears to be working now. What turned out to be the issue?
    This server was being attacked by a very aggressive "scanner" from fraud attempts. Since it's not in our core datacenter and isn't widely used we don't have all our usual extension monitoring on it (only more simplistic server monitoring) and didn't catch it quickly enough since technically it was still up and connections were still working, they just had no audio. We're adding it to our more extensive monitoring since more of you are using it than expected.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    This server was being attacked by a very aggressive "scanner" from fraud attempts. Since it's not in our core datacenter and isn't widely used we don't have all our usual extension monitoring on it (only more simplistic server monitoring) and didn't catch it quickly enough since technically it was still up and connections were still working, they just had no audio. We're adding it to our more extensive monitoring since more of you are using it than expected.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Excellent! Glad to hear sip7 will get the full monitoring. Thanks, Tim.

Thanks Tim for the update and glad you'll be able to catch any new attacks with the monitoring. For me, sip7 seems to work better lately than both sip and sip-central01 even though it's farther away with more hops. Maybe this is because you are using the same server for audio, you posted something about that earlier that the other 2 servers use a different server for audio so are there plans to change those to the same config as sip7?

Quote Originally Posted by racerdude View Post
    Thanks Tim for the update and glad you'll be able to catch any new attacks with the monitoring. For me, sip7 seems to work better lately than both sip and sip-central01 even though it's farther away with more hops. Maybe this is because you are using the same server for audio, you posted something about that earlier that the other 2 servers use a different server for audio so are there plans to change those to the same config as sip7?
    Yeah that's something we've been exploring. We have the ability to flag your account to use whatever server you're connected to for audio directly if you'd like to help test the theory on any of the other servers. Just let me know. We're still looking into the concept more in general.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Great - I'll send you an email with my acct info so I can test that out on the other servers.

http://business.wavebroadband.com/en...ces/locations/ Figured Id share in case you guys were looking around still.. Not that Im seeing any issues or anything though. been working great.
    I Void Warranties.