Thread: Help setting up BRIA on iPhone 5S

Default Help setting up BRIA on iPhone 5S

The instructions on Bria's app aren't real clear... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Eric Seaberg - San Diego
    A.E.S. - S.M.P.T.E. - S.P.A.R.S.

Default Re: Help setting up BRIA on iPhone 5S

Got it to work from the iPhone, but it seems I can't use both the Grandstream and iPhone at the same time since one or the other can only be logged in at one time, right? When I register the iPhone on VoIPo's network, my home line stops working.

Let me re-phrase that… I've got iPhone and home line setup and call our number from my wife's cell phone. I'm expecting BOTH my iPhone and our home wireless phones to ring, but only the iPhone rings. The home line doesn't ring UNTIL I 'unregister' my SIP account in Bria. I can make outgoing calls from either phone, however, even two different calls at the same time.

Is it really an either/or situation for incoming?
    Last edited by Eric Seaberg; 10-28-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Eric Seaberg - San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
    Got it to work from the iPhone, but it seems I can't use both the Grandstream and iPhone at the same time since one or the other can only be logged in at one time, right? When I register the iPhone on VoIPo's network, my home line stops working.

Let me re-phrase that… I've got iPhone and home line setup and call our number from my wife's cell phone. I'm expecting BOTH my iPhone and our home wireless phones to ring, but only the iPhone rings. The home line doesn't ring UNTIL I 'unregister' my SIP account in Bria. I can make outgoing calls from either phone, however, even two different calls at the same time.

Is it really an either/or situation for incoming?
    Are you are a BYOD customer for your Grandstream or is it provided by VOIPO?

If it is provided by VIOPO I would suggest you open a ticket with support. I have a Grandstream 702 provided by VOIPO and my iPhone is configured with Bria. I can receive calls on both devices. If incoming called picked up at iPhone, home phone will stop ringing and vise versa. Though I prefer not to receive calls on iPhone so I turned incoming off. But it work as said earlier when incoming turned on.

If you own your Grandstream device and configured by yourself that could be the reason as you are sharing your SIP credential on both devices and it may not be allowed. I am not sure about this. Together you can register unto 4 devices at the same time, if I remember correctly. That includes two lines registered by VOIPO adapter plus two more devices of your choice.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's a Grandstream 702 from VoIPo. I just tried calling home from my wife's iPhone with my iPhone registered on VoIPo. iPhone rang, home phone didn't and when I picked up the home phone I got a dial tone. I confirmed my phone is plugged into line 1 on the Grandstream and confirmed it is setup for line 2 disabled.

I'll setup a ticket with VoIPo, thanks!

_________________ UPDATE!!

I ended up changing the domain setting within Bria to sip.voipwelcome.com:5078 to match the port of my Grandstream.

For anyone else going through this, go to your vPanel setup and look at Features/Devices (on Beta it's Features/Device Control). You'll see the sip setting for your voip modem with the address followed by the port, i.e. xxxxxxxxxx@yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:zzzz;user=phone. X is your phone number, y is your local IP address and z is the port.

Thanks to all for the help!!! (Great support from VoIPo)
    Last edited by Eric Seaberg; 11-09-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Eric Seaberg - San Diego

Thanks Eric S! - I found this tip and corrected my issues too:

For others, maybe this will help:

Initial issues I had were
    • outgoing softphone calls would disconnect after 25 seconds

• incoming calls would never route to the softphone

installed Bria on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s

in the Bria setup areas, I simply had to correct the domain to match my grandstream setting found in the control panel:

correct setting: sip.voipwelcome.com:5078

I put in my extension and my BYOD generated password from the softphone page in the control panel.

Now I can make reliable outgoing calls, as well as receive incoming calls - and the quality is awesome!

Just signed up for my 2 year account
    ~~~

Thanks - Jeff