Thread: How to register to sip7

Default How to register to sip7

I have been reading in another thread how sip7.voipwelcome.com is much more stable than sip.voipwelcome.com
    I would like to switch my customers ATA's over to sip7. My question is, how do I go about accomplishing this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: How to register to sip7

You can just change the hostname if you want to use it from sip. to sip7. in the ATA config. There's no other configuration needed.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks for the reply, Tim, however, I do understand how to do what you mention, but how do I accomplish that in my existing customers ata's when they are not in my possesion or if I were to drop ship from you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Tim, however, I do understand how to do what you mention, but how do I accomplish that in my existing customers ata's when they are not in my possesion or if I were to drop ship from you guys?
    Good point. If you e-mail reseller support with the MAC addresses you want updated, we'll update it in provisioning for you.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Good point. If you e-mail reseller support with the MAC addresses you want updated, we'll update it in provisioning for you.
    Tim, before I do this, do you plan on keeping sip7 server? Also, would it be possible to include the sip7 along with the sip in the provisioning for the reseller accounts? maybe have both and the reseller can select which one to provision with. Just wondering because if sip7 is more stable in certain areas and sip in others, all we would have to do is change the provisioning for the clients mac, and then have the client reboot (power cycle) their ata.

Greenlantern, I want to pose this question to you, since you have vast knowledge. How would I configure sip7 in the HT-502, then when I setup up the mac in my reseller account for the HT-502 to be provisioned. As soon as the ata is powered up, wouldn't sip7 be overwritten with the usual sip.voipwelcome.com?

Greenlantern, I want to pose this question to you, since you have vast knowledge. How would I configure sip7 in the HT-502, then when I setup up the mac in my reseller account for the HT-502 to be provisioned. As soon as the ata is powered up, wouldn't sip7 be overwritten with the usual sip.voipwelcome.com?
    I'm away from office and test adapters, so this is from memory...

Log in as admin and change server to sip7. Easy enough, but then you want to prevent it from changing back.

Disable auto provisioning, and clear the provisioning server field for good measure. You might also want to put a sticker over reset button.

That's should be it.

By the way I had to move a bunch of accounts to sip7 this week... old server was just awful for anyone using comcast or bright house.

Tim, before I do this, do you plan on keeping sip7 server? Also, would it be possible to include the sip7 along with the sip in the provisioning for the reseller accounts? maybe have both and the reseller can select which one to provision with. Just wondering because if sip7 is more stable in certain areas and sip in others, all we would have to do is change the provisioning for the clients mac, and then have the client reboot (power cycle) their ata.
    It's on our list to possibly add a toggle in provisioning, but right now we have a huge development backlog so I can't promise anything.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com