Thread: Many more spam calls since switching to Voipo

Default Many more spam calls since switching to Voipo

Since switching from Suddenlink to Voipo I get many, many more unwanted spam/solicitation calls than before. With Suddenlink I had maybe one or two such calls per month, now I get three or more per week. With the same number and being, of course, on the Do-Not-Call list.

Can somebody explain this? Does this happen to others, too?

I find this kind of disappointing. I know that I can put numbers onto my blacklist and block them. It still means that I am getting harassed at home much more than before.

I also have the impression that not every time I dial *27 after receiving such a call the number in question ends up on my blacklist. When I compare my calling history with my blacklist I find several numbers on my calling history that I know have been spam calls which are not on my blacklist. I'm also wondering what it means to click onto a number in the calling history and then put that number onto the blacklist. I just did this with several numbers and these numbers are not listed under "Call Routing - Incoming". Where if not there would I see such blacklisted numbers?
    Last edited by wimax; 11-19-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Default Re: Many more spam calls since switching to Voipo

I just switched and I too have started receiving more unwanted calls. I think it has to do with the number being ported from another carrier and then being open for others to see. Hope it slows down though. I was reading on one of the other posts where people have sent the spam calls over to another number by using the blacklist function. I called the number they were forwarding the spam callers to, it's another spam line. Great trick, send the spamers over to another spammer.