Thread: Porting Procedure

Default Porting Procedure

I submitted three porting requests through the reseller portal, attached LOA and last provider invoice to the request. I received an e-mail from support@voipo.com telling me I needed to submit the LOA and last provider invoice. Do I need to do this again, or is this an issue between the consumer and reseller sides of the business where it doesn't recognize I've already submitted these documents from the reseller portal?

Default Re: Porting Procedure

I only beta tested but the email stated is for the Residential service (support@voipo.com)

reseller@voipo.com is the Reseller support ticket email.
    In other words, that email does not add up. Hopefully a VOIPo rep will read this thread and look at your account. Maybe its one team, but a request to do what is done can't be comforting!

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I can tell you it is hit or miss with porting some tiems you get updates some times you got to ask, some times you create account they send you a email and never process the port, some times they never contact you and when you ask for a update they tell you they could not read the doc or something was missing.

I have 4 ports that are currently in limbo and 4 clients really upset. Each port I get I review the docs before sending and make sure to have a copy of the loa and recent bill.

If they said that you did not send it I usually use the ticket number from the port and email support with the files.

The port tickets should remain open and have a status update at lest weekly so we can track them.

I went ahead and sent all the LOA's and invoices again. Got a reply that they had been forwarded to the porting department (and a new ticket opened).
    Last edited by cbwahls; 05-13-2011 at 02:37 PM.

I have at least 2 transfers pending right now and one is over 30 days.

Feedback for Tim: I have to agree that I've had some issues with porting. The process seems inconsistant. Sometimes it goes quick with notifications. Other times I don't receive confirmations or any updates. Then, when I ask about it, I find that there was some question but no one ever bothered to follow up with me about it.

So out of the four port requests I submitted, I received an FOC date on one of them (the last one I submitted). The others three are at the status where documents have been submitted to the provider. The weird thing is that it appears two out of those three have already been ported, and the numbers are ringing into my VOIPo accounts. It was a bit surprising that it happened this way, and I am thankful for the quick ports (fastest I've ever received), but it would have been nice to know this was happening. It caused me a bit of a scramble getting everyone converted over yesterday. I'll have to submit some tickets tomorrow to be sure the ports are complete and that I can go ahead and remove those DIDs from my previous providers accounts.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Voipo for upgrading the Porting processes.

The new emails are much more informative, and I like the 1-2-3 approach.

One request. If possible, can we show the porting number in the email header? Should be able to just add a variable field on the template.

Thanks again and congratulations on the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Voipo for upgrading the Porting processes.

The new emails are much more informative, and I like the 1-2-3 approach.

One request. If possible, can we show the porting number in the email header? Should be able to just add a variable field on the template.

Thanks again and congratulations on the progress.
    We'll see what we can do.

We have a porting page that's being added to the reseller panel as well that shows all the ports and their current status, last update, and has the complete history of each port.

The goal is to have a quick place to see all the progress and have all updates, information requests and changes handled in a single place/ticket so there are not multiple tickets for a port.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

My biggest gripe with number porting is, when you send your number transfer account through your reseller account, they don't get back to you in your reseller account, when the number ports. You have to check your email they have on file. Even then, they sometimes don't let you know when the port is complete.