Thread: Asterisk PBX unable to re-Register after call.

Default Asterisk PBX unable to re-Register after call.

I’m seeing an issue where my Asterisk PBX is not able to re-Register for a long period of time (30 minutes) AFTER an outbound/inbound (hairpin) call. The PBX tries to re-Register every 90 seconds. I did a Wireshark trace but didn’t see anything unusual. If I restart the PBX “core restart now” everything is okay.

I’ve poked around on this forum to see if anyone else has had this issue and didn’t find anything. So, I thought I’d post the question.

Default Re: Asterisk PBX unable to re-Register after call.

in the registration string are you using the dns or the IP? Try the IP some of my users had the same issue and changing it to IP corrected it.

Yeah, I did try that because of a DNS lookup issue with Asterisk. But, it didn't help.

This whole issue is kind-of odd because I never had any problems with my other voip service provider. Maybe I need a third voip service provider for comparison!

Doing some digging around I found an Asterisk bug: https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18623

I also discovered that there seems to be a correlation between this bug and session-timers. Deleting the session-timers configuration from sip.conf seems to have helped. But, I have not fully tested this theory.

I also had to add ignoresdpversion=yes in sip.conf to handle the media path move that voipo does during call setup.