Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Feature: Send Faxes

Default New Feature: Send Faxes

We've added a "Send Fax" feature in vPanel which will allow you to upload a document, put in a fax number and have it faxed.

This is NEW and was just put in tonight, so is it very untested and should be considered Alpha.

It "should" work fine, but since it's not been tested much, we'd appreciate all the help we can get with testing it.

After we completely launch, outgoing faxes will be included in your regular fax package. So if your package offers 50 faxes a month, they can be any combination of incoming/outgoing.

You can find this under the Fax Tab - Send Fax. Again, this needs more testing, so please help us out with testing it.

Just put in a 10 digit fax number and upload your file.

Accepted Document Types:

PDF, TIFF, TXT, HTML, CSV, EXCEL .XLS, Microsoft Word .DOC

Some points:

No coverpage is generated. You will need to include your own in your fax if you need one.

With the current implementation, your faxes will all be sent as from "FAX SERVICE" and will NOT show your number in the header.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: New Feature: Send Faxes

Thanks.
    Are the packages listed on the thread at the HG forums still accurate?
    Or have they changed?.

And the pricing for reselling & information.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanlw View Post
    Thanks.
    Are the packages listed on the thread at the HG forums still accurate?
    Or have they changed?.

And the pricing for reselling & information.
    Yes, the pricing at HG is accurate.

The reseller program won't be launched for a little while. We want to get all the VOIPo services up and running and make sure things are working smoothly before we have you guys offering it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

IM sent regarding phone numbers.

One test of a 2-page PDF document this morning--went through very quickly and with excellent quality. Header said 'from FAX service 8883690301'. Will have to play more with other file formats, etc.

Sent 44 page fax to my StanaPhone and received _only_ the last 5 pages with "From Fax Service 18883690301 Page 40 of 44" through last page. Not sure what happened with the first 39

Sent same 44 page fax to my FreeDigits Fax number and received _all_ 44 pages! Yea!

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

I tested it today and the quality was really great. I sent it to one of those free fax services in Seattle and I received it right away.

Sent 6 pages without any issues. I'm going to have to give this a shot @ $24/year

Will it be only toll-free numbers Tim ?

With the exception of the one weird fax result with StanaPhone, all faxes sent through the upload feature have come through great... even the one I sent to my VOIPo fax number on the carrier account. ;-) Will the outbound fax service be part of having a VOIPo fax number, offered separately or what? Have you set a pricing scheme for that feature yet?

According to the thread @ Hostgator the price is $4.95/mo or $24/year. This includes a combination of in/out faxes not to exceed 100 faxes/mo. Additional faxes over 100/mo are charged @ 25 cents each.