Thread: Blacklist management

Default Blacklist management

It is probably very obvious but I'm missing it...but how does one tell which numbers one has blacklisted?

I've received some recurrent telemarketing calls. I've reported them to the tele-block, and in some cases I right-clicked on the Call History and set them to be "disconnected" and some to "blacklist". Is there a way I can tell which numbers I've set to which? The Call History doesn't appear to show what any previous disposition was unless I added it to my Contact list.

Thanks!

Default Re: Blacklist management

Click the Features tab, then click "Call Routes" in the banner beneath the tab. They should be listed under inbound routes.

Call Routes is a very useful feature for blocking specific numbers or a whole range of numbers. This is a sample of some of my incoming call routes that I've setup manually:

800******* Voicemail
    888******* Voicemail
    877******* Voicemail
    000******* Disconnected
    281358**** Busy Signal
    866******* Voicemail

Fine tuning your call routes will drastically reduce or eliminate telemarketers.

Here's the support page for help:
    http://voipo.com/help/article/call-blocking-66.html
    Last edited by tritch; 06-17-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks! I had missed it, as I surmised. I think I'm getting the hang of it.

In terms of what the caller hears, what are the differences between selecting Blacklist as compared to the more obvious choices of Busy Signal and Disconnected?

Quote Originally Posted by bfotk View Post
    In terms of what the caller hears, what are the differences between selecting Blacklist as compared to the more obvious choices of Busy Signal and Disconnected?
    Good question. I've never used that feature. Blacklist is not defined anywhere on Voipo's support page, so there's a big question on what to expect. Maybe one of Voipo's support staff can chime in and explain what exactly happens when a "Blacklisted" caller tries to call your number.

You could experiment though.......temporarily blacklist your cell phone number, then attempt to call your Voipo number and see what happens.
    Last edited by tritch; 09-23-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Yup. I did that. Of the available options, the one that worked best was Blacklist. The caller hears something like "You cannot reach the number as dialed. Please check the number..."

The Busy Signal did just the opposite of what I'd expect. The Voipo phone rang, but upon being answered, it produced a busy signal. I would have figured that the calling number would hear the busy signal and the Voipo phone would do nothing.

In any case, I highly recommend the "Blacklist" option.

Yep. I did some experimenting myself today with my cell phone with a slightly different result for "Busy Signal".........

Blacklist - caller hears SIT tone followed by message "Your call can not be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again."

Disconnected - caller hears SIT tone followed by message "You have reached a number that has been disconnected or no longer in service."

Busy Signal - caller hears busy signal

Call history only showed attempted calls that were set to "Blacklisted" and "Busy Signal". The "Disconnected" calls did not show up in the call history. I always wondered why those telemarketers and political calls never showed up in the Call History

My Voipo phone never rang in any case, so I'm not sure why your busy signal function did not work correctly.