If so, do you use port forwarding in your router to get your VoIPo service to work?

The reason I mentioned m0n0wall or pfSense is they are fairly similiar in port forwarding, and I'm using m0n0wall. I would imagine some other routers out there may also be similiar in setup to m0n0wall and pfSense.

I want to verify that thee is somebody out there is actually doing port forwarding with m0n0wall or pfSense with 2 or more VoIPo lines...and it is working properly for you. If it works for you, then it might work for me.

I have 2 VoIPo lines. I can receive phone calls on one VoIPo phone number using ports 5060 & 5061. Tech support told me to use those ports.

VoIPo tech support told me to use ports 5078 & 5079 on my other VoIPo phone number. I cannot receive phone calls on that line. When I try to answer, the calling phone never hears that I have answered, and the calling party just goes through to my VoIPo voice mail.

If I can just find someone out there that has 2 or more VoIPo lines that work properly for you, with your ATAs behind your m0n0wall or pfSense router, then that will give me hope that I can eventually do the same thing. Maybe I'm not port forwarding correctly, but so far I can't see that I'm doing it wrong.

I use to be able to receive calls on both phones, but about 3 weeks ago, I stopped being able to answer calls on my one phone line...I have no idea why. I was told to do the port forwarding, which so far has not worked. But like I said, I would feel much better if I could just find someone out there that it does work for, that has 2 VoIP lines.

Tech support told me to hook my 2 ATAs directly to my ISP's modem. I can't because I'm using my only public static IP on my router. I don't have any public static IPs left for my 2 ATAs. Plus I don't want to spend a lot more money just so my 2 ATA will each have a public static IP.

I think my 2 VoIPo ATAs should be able to work correctly when placed on the LAN side of my router, because I think there are a ton of other people here with 2 or more VoIPo lines with their ATAs behind their router.

I have heard there is something called STUN technology that some VoIP companies use that routes ports through the router, to the ATAs without the customer having to resort to doing port forwarding. I don't know if VoIPo uses that though...although I remember seeing a tech support person mention that in a chat session I had with them a couple days ago. I asked about it, but he didn't say much about it.

Thanks much for your reply.

Bob