Thread: Android 4.4.2 SIP setup

Default Android 4.4.2 SIP setup

I have a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2 on it.
    I setup the SIP username/password and it works great to make a call from my home WiFi using the cell phone.

When I use T-Mobile's data connection all I get when I place a call is Ringing on my cell, but the call does not show up on the number I am calling nor does it complete.
    I've check to see if T-Mobile might be blocking that traffic and the best I can tell they don't.

Any ideas on why it's not working?

Thanks

Default Re: Android 4.4.2 SIP setup

i use it all the time on t-mobile but i have 4.0.3 ICS 4G HSDPA but not 4G LTE. So maybe the LTE might be a problem and i don't know if 4.4 Kit Kat could be a problem. I also know on t-mobile it will only work on port 5060 UDP.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    i use it all the time on t-mobile but i have 4.0.3 ICS 4G HSDPA but not 4G LTE. So maybe the LTE might be a problem and i don't know if 4.4 Kit Kat could be a problem. I also know on t-mobile it will only work on port 5060 UDP.
    Good ideas, I changed it to port 5060 and to use only 3G and not LTE. Unfortunately still ring ring ring.

I'm kind of wondering if it isn't Kit Kat as well as my prior phone had no problem, but I was also on Virgin Mobile.

Anyway, thanks!

I had this exact same issue with my Nexus 5 (N5) and T-Mobile. Calls are great over LTE, but to get this to work I had to change the APN protocol from IPv6, which is the default, to IPv4. I don’t know if this is an issue with the N5, VOIPo or T-Mobile, but I can make and receive calls over LTE now so I’m happy.
    Last edited by Bink; 12-18-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bink View Post
    I had this exact same issue with my Nexus 5 (N5) and T-Mobile. Calls are great over LTE, but to get this to work I had to change the APN protocol from IPv6, which is the default, to IPv4. I don’t know if this is an issue with the N5, VOIPo or T-Mobile, but I can make and receive calls over LTE now so I’m happy.
    Where would I change the APN protocol?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csiemers View Post
    Where would I change the APN protocol?

Thanks
    Found the settings and that worked!

Thanks again!

i'll have to remember that, i don't think my phone has ip6, i know i turn off ip6 on all my computers because of problems with it. i don't think the world is ready for ip6 anyway!