Thread: Incoming calls failing?

Question Incoming calls failing?

When I attempt to dial my voipo residential lines, I get a 5-10 second pause, then a busy signal. Outbound calling works fine.

I normally connect to these accounts with my Asterisk server, but while troubleshooting, I've tried the Zoom ATA and a PAP2T and gotten the same results each time. Is anyone else having trouble getting inbound calls?

Default Re: Incoming calls failing?

My incoming is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    When I attempt to dial my voipo residential lines, I get a 5-10 second pause, then a busy signal. Outbound calling works fine.

I normally connect to these accounts with my Asterisk server, but while troubleshooting, I've tried the Zoom ATA and a PAP2T and gotten the same results each time. Is anyone else having trouble getting inbound calls?
    Please PM me your DID's that you are testing with, I will look into this, however no known network problems currently.

PM sent. Thanks for checking on this.

Incoming working fine here...

Hello Guys, to give an update on this status -- it was simply a system error that was causing an issue with the 919 NPA (individually). All should be fixed now, let me know if anyone has any other issues with service. However no known network issues as of now.
    ________
    Free xxx streaming
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:36 PM.

My bad for not responding publicly (though I did thank Brandon for the fix in a PM reply). Incoming all set for me once again.

Just wanted to say that not only does my incoming phone work fine, but I've already gotten on the "telemarketers" and "Survey" crowd calling in. Our voip prefix; which is the same for voip; packet8; and some others (Probably due to the clec they use which may all be in common (Level 3); the telemarketers and survey companies must just be randoming running the prefix and starting with 0001 through 9999 and doing auto-dial.

Not saying I have any problems with this; I don't. I just put them on hold as I tell them; "Let me get my dad" (I'm the dad). I just leave them there. They don't normally ever call back. Just wanted to let others know that the "Auto-Dialing" nazis are still out there. I assume that voip numbers can be added to the "DO NOT CALL LIST". Never needed to use it. Later... Mike....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    Just wanted to say that not only does my incoming phone work fine, but I've already gotten on the "telemarketers" and "Survey" crowd calling in. Our voip prefix; which is the same for voip; packet8; and some others (Probably due to the clec they use which may all be in common (Level 3); the telemarketers and survey companies must just be randoming running the prefix and starting with 0001 through 9999 and doing auto-dial.

Not saying I have any problems with this; I don't. I just put them on hold as I tell them; "Let me get my dad" (I'm the dad). I just leave them there. They don't normally ever call back. Just wanted to let others know that the "Auto-Dialing" nazis are still out there. I assume that voip numbers can be added to the "DO NOT CALL LIST". Never needed to use it. Later... Mike....

Haha, thats not a bad idea, yea -- perhaps it that, or perhaps they are just going in full force ? . I got a call the other day and they asked "Are you, or is anyone else 18 years or older". I simply told them, my Daddy was not home . I guess great minds think alike, but I like your method better, it wastes their time like they try and do ours .
    ________
    FETISH MOVIES
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Haha, thats not a bad idea, yea -- perhaps it that, or perhaps they are just going in full force ? . I got a call the other day and they asked "Are you, or is anyone else 18 years or older". I simply told them, my Daddy was not home . I guess great minds think alike, but I like your method better, it wastes their time like they try and do ours .
    http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Anti-Telemarketing_Script
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook