Thread: My Feature Wish List for Christmas

Lightbulb My Feature Wish List for Christmas

Hi guys. Here’s my Christmas wish list...

1. Update account list to show usage summary, or have a new limit report page. (see attached example) Some resellers now have hundreds, or thousands, of accounts that we have to manually audit, one by one, every month for overage. A nice summary page showing multiple accounts at once would make it a snap. This report would also need to show toll free calls and limits if that feature can be added (see suggestion 3 below).

2. Email notification to the reseller when an account reaches a separate soft limit would be awesome too. The above report would lessen the need for this, but these two are my biggest wish items. Would really love to have at least one or the other. Both would be the moon!

3. Separate tracking and limits for outbound toll free calls. Would love to be able to finally offer unlimited toll free calling, while still maintaining limits on domestic calling.

Lower priority ideas…

4. Improve reporting of 2-leg (fwd, simring, etc) calls in the Call History summaries/downloads, and on the admin Usage page. Perhaps even color code domestic, toll free, international and forwarded calls.

5. Overage limit message rather than just a busy signal for customers who hit their hard limit. Message should be very generic, but give some clue that the account is over the limit rather than experiencing some kind of technical issue. Expanding on this, it would be nice to allow resellers to select behavior for inbound calls too, such as allowing them to at least reach voicemail rather than busy. But the important part would be to better notify the end user of the overage condition right away. Customers who get the limit busy signal often spend hours troubleshooting before contacting us and finding out they are over their limit.

6. SMTP setting per reseller, allowing all notifications (voicemail, faxes, etc) to be sent from reseller’s designated email address rather than voipwelcome.

7. Change wording on sendfax page to be more generic… remove direct reference to voipwelcome and let reseller provide the sendfax email address info. We have email forwarding setup on our own subdomain and it works great. Perhaps have a field on the admin panel where reseller can leave sendfax.voipwelcome as default, or specify their own address?

8. Multiple trunks (interconnections) for Cloud PBX, so inbound calling from multiple accounts would be easier for end user to understand and setup. Have an outbound prefix setting for each trunk, such as 9, 8, 7, etc. So you could dial 9 plus your 10 digits to select a specific outbound trunk.

9. Ability to view and change more account features directly in the admin control panel (without having to log into account), like dnd, forwarding, failover, voicemail and fax delivery email address, etc.

10. Voicemail greeting uploads (similar to Cloud PBX, but for regular accounts) would be neat, but very low priority.

11. Order form option to allow ordering a number to inventory only, rather than creating an actual account. Then reseller can create and provision account type needed.

12. Link the ticket numbers on the porting queue page to the actual support tickets. So if we need to respond to a ticket, we can easily find it in the porting queue, and click it.

These are mostly a summary of ideas I’ve suggested in the past, but I wanted to put them all in one place.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
    Attached Images

Default Re: My Feature Wish List for Christmas

How about SMS apps for Android, iPhone, Windows & Linux. To make it easier to receive and sent SMS messages