Thread: Voice Mail System

Default Voice Mail System

Has anyone been have any problems with the VM system?

For last month or so, when calling VM the audio has been choppy, and sometimes button response might take 2-3 second to respond. Like one time the audio was so choppy i had to replay the message 3 times to understand it. and another time when i press 7 to delete the message it just kept playing for about 5 second, before deleting.

This happens on all my VoIPo numbers. All calls from these numbers have crystal clear call quality,all the time. It only happens on VM and is 100% repeatable.

Thanks

Default Re: Voice Mail System

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    Has anyone been have any problems with the VM system?

For last month or so, when calling VM the audio has been choppy, and sometimes button response might take 2-3 second to respond. Like one time the audio was so choppy i had to replay the message 3 times to understand it. and another time when i press 7 to delete the message it just kept playing for about 5 second, before deleting.

This happens on all my VoIPo numbers. All calls from these numbers have crystal clear call quality,all the time. It only happens on VM and is 100% repeatable.

Thanks
    I have experienced that a few times here and there, but it seems to be working fine at this moment. When I experienced it, even the email audio attachment was choppy. So it could have just been the caller's connection (perhaps calling from a cell phone, etc).

Do some tests... leave yourself a message. First, see if the email attachment sounds good. Then try retrieving by calling in from a cell phone. Finally, try again by calling in from your voipo line. Maybe that will help you determine if it is the voicemail system itself, or if you're having more generalized audio quality issues.

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? If so what did you do? I am having the same issue.

Thanks

Its been choppy off and on for a while now, i mostly listen to the emailed message which doesn't have that problem. I guess they are over taxing there VM system.

Ok, thank you. I have had a trouble ticket, but am not getting anywhere. At least now I know I am not crazy. Let me ask you this, do you also experience a choppy incoming ring (so the ring the caller hears on their phone when they call in)?

Please open a ticket with specific examples/as much detail as possible and our guys will look into it. Please be specific with examples.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Here is the ticket number:
    [#XWD-283780]: Voicemail Stutter

Sometimes its better and other times it’s a lot worse. I have tried calling the VM system from my SIP line, a landline and my cell phone. The result is the same. Audio cuts in and out. The stutter in the incoming ring (their side not my side) happens all the time, including off landline phones. It makes it sound like a bad cell connection. While in a call service is great, with good voice quality (minor hiccups but I expect that). Only VM and the ring incoming callers hear.

Thanks

I should also note that the email VM attachments have no problems. Audio is clear. It seems to be recording data fine, just the prompts.

For specific examples I can cite a bunch of test calls I have done from various phone numbers, both land line and cell however I would prefer not to post specific phone numbers on an open forum, but rather in my ticket, some of which have already been discussed. I can also call the VM system from my SIP line(s) and have the same results.

I've been having the same issues with choppy calls when I log into vm. When I call my number and wait for vm to kick in, it sounds fine. Only choppy when I log into vm.

I haven't bothered to report it, because I get so few voicemails at home. But I've noticed this on my own home account.