Thread: International "destination not allowed"

Default International "destination not allowed"

I just started Voipo service prepaid and the first international call I placed results in a "destination not allowed" message. I am able to place calls within the US, but why is this happening with international calls? The voipo panel shows calls with 0 minutes duration and the destination is package eligible if it matters.

Default Re: International "destination not allowed"

Have you checked your settings here https://account.voipo.com/features/i...ional_security

International calls were blocked by default. Once this was changed, I could place calls.

Apparently this only works for the VOIPo-supplied adapter, not for SIP phones/softphones.
    For these, there is only the option to "Allow International Calls - Security Filter", then to whitelist the specific countries (up to 5) that you want to call.

That worked fine for some countries (e.g. Norway), but not for others (e.g. Taiwan). Since my wife is from Taiwan and wants to call there from here computer, that restriction simply did not fly. I ended up switching to PhonePower; now she can call home from our SIP phone at home, her computer, her Android phone, or for that matter, my Symbian phone without this restriction.

(There are other things that VOIPo are better at though... So I signed up for a separate account for my personal use. Mainly, it allows me to verify an external number (my cell phone), then use that number as outgoing caller ID. I don't have good cell coverage at home, so by forwarding my cell phone calls to my VOIPo number (when offline/unanswered), I can then pick these up on my computer (wherever I am), and also return calls from that same number. In other words, my cell phone number is my "permanent presence", whether in network or not).

Quote Originally Posted by vuser View Post
    International calls were blocked by default. Once this was changed, I could place calls.
    vuser, I was dealing with same problem and I mailed it to support@voipo.com and my problem got solved. I hope it will help you too.

useful hints