Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomorobo.com

Default Re: Nomorobo.com

Hey Guys,

This will be available in your control panel under the BETA tab by the end of the day today.

Please let us know how it works for you if you choose to enable it.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 06-05-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

This is the best news I have received in many moons. Thank you, thank you, thank you for offering this mental health saving feature!

Quote Originally Posted by fbruno View Post
    This is the best news I have received in many moons. Thank you, thank you, thank you for offering this mental health saving feature!
    Thanks for the feedback.

Our goal is to always give you guys more features like this to make your phone service more useful, work better, etc so we were happy we could integrate this service.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Hey Guys,

This will be available in your control panel under the BETA tab by the end of the day today.

Please let us know how it works for you if you choose to enable it.
    Tried it. Still getting spam calls. I don't think Nomorobo has blocked a single one - all the calls ring 4 times and go to the answering machine.

Like many much-hyped ideas, it seems this one is also too good to be true.

I have Nomorobo activated on my account and it seems to work pretty well. It seems that when a spam robo call comes in, it will ring my home phone one time and then stop ringing altogether. It seems that Nomorobo needs a few seconds to recognize the incoming call as spam before it can disconnect the call. It would be nice if these incoming calls didn't ring into the house at all, but this is definitely a better solution than having an incoming spam call ringing my home phone over and over during dinner.

However, I must note that Nomorobo doesn't block all spam calls. I've had the same spam number ringing into my house for two weeks now and Nomorobo doesn't block it. I logged into my Nomorobo account and reported the number so that it could be investigated and added to their spam lists, but it hasn't happened yet.

Lastly, Nomorobo successfully recognizes friendly robo calls -- such as appointment reminders from a doctor's office and prescription notifications from the pharmacy -- and does not block them.

Overall, I'm pleased with the service Nomorobo provides, but I wonder how much of a privacy/security risk this arrangement poses since every single one of my incoming calls are routed to Nomorobo servers for a "GO" or "NO-GO" evaluation.

I am actually beginning to have the opinion that it's better to just let the call ring through and then blacklist it afterwards. I have not heard one call go to one ring and hang up as Nomorobo is supposed to do. Spam callers still get thru. My assumption is that police charities and the like should be considered spam?

Talking Update on Nomorobo functionality

The Nomorobo functionality has been working perfectly. Almost every robo call has been identified and sent on its way after the first ring. In the past month less than five such calls have made it past the service. So, I'm a happy camper at this point. Nomorobo is, for me, a welcome solution to annoying robo calls.

Default Re: Update on Nomorobo functionality

Quote Originally Posted by fbruno View Post
    The Nomorobo functionality has been working perfectly. Almost every robo call has been identified and sent on its way after the first ring. In the past month less than five such calls have made it past the service. So, I'm a happy camper at this point. Nomorobo is, for me, a welcome solution to annoying robo calls.
    Glad to hear it's working well for you.

No blocking method is going to be perfect since the marketers always will try to work around them, but we think Nomorobo is the best solution available right now. It blocks the vast majority from our testing.

BTW, here's a little more info on it: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nomoro...153929450.html

We were the first provider to directly integrate their service.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Glad to hear it's working well for you.

No blocking method is going to be perfect since the marketers always will try to work around them, but we think Nomorobo is the best solution available right now. It blocks the vast majority from our testing.

BTW, here's a little more info on it: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nomoro...153929450.html

We were the first provider to directly integrate their service.
    Congratulations! I saw it on a few different news services!

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    Congratulations! I saw it on a few different news services!
    Thanks, they were great to work with. We're very happy to be the first fully integrated provider.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com