Thread: Incoming Calls going Straight to Voicemail & Unable to make Outgoing Calls!!

Default Incoming Calls going Straight to Voicemail & Unable to make Outgoing Calls!!

All incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. And I have been unable to make outbound calls for the past two days. The handset do have a steady tone as if everything is alright.

I have restarted voipo router and my cable modem to no avail. Voipo router seems to be working and 'power' and 'wan' lights are staying lit.

I have been using Voipo with no issues for the past two years.

I am wondering if anyone here is also experiencing similar issues and what are the possible solutions to this.
    THank you.

Default Re: Incoming Calls going Straight to Voicemail & Unable to make Outgoing Calls!!

The first solution to try would be to send a trouble ticket to VOIPo.

You can get there by opening the VOIPo vPanel and clicking on the support tab.
    From there you can create a ticket.

Open the vPanel from the tab at the top.

Default Re: Incoming Calls going Straight to Voicemail & Unable to make Outgoing Calls!!

have already done that.. I was wondering if someone else has been having similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by slikk View Post
    have already done that.. I was wondering if someone else has been having similar issues.
    I've been with VOIPO for over 3 years and started to see this same issue about 10 days ago. Initially it was just a call or two that would get sent to voicemail instead of ring through. Then over the last 10 or so days it seems more and more calls are going directly to voicemail. I opened a ticket with VOIPO support and we've been troubleshooting for a few days. They've updated the firmware on my grandstream HT502 ATA adapter and it didn't make any difference.

When this first started, if I would make a call from my voip line, then for the next 5 to 10 minutes incoming calls will come through. after 5 or 10 minutes calls will go directly to voicemail again. Now after they've updated the firmware, nearly 100% of my incoming calls go directly to voicemail, and outgoing calls goes silent after one ring. If I hang up, it will ring my phone back again and again and again.

What ATA adapter do they have you using? I found a voipo thread from 2009 that says they are having a lot of issues with the HT502 ATA and that 10% of their users are not able to get reliable incoming calls with this adapter. I wonder why they sent me this adapter if its so unreliable.

Have you found a solution? My phone is 100% useless at this point. I've had to install the soft phone on my android smartphone and use that as a BYOD (kind of defeats the purpose of a home phone).

Quote Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
    I've been with VOIPO for over 3 years and started to see this same issue about 10 days ago. Initially it was just a call or two that would get sent to voicemail instead of ring through. Then over the last 10 or so days it seems more and more calls are going directly to voicemail. I opened a ticket with VOIPO support and we've been troubleshooting for a few days. They've updated the firmware on my grandstream HT502 ATA adapter and it didn't make any difference.

When this first started, if I would make a call from my voip line, then for the next 5 to 10 minutes incoming calls will come through. after 5 or 10 minutes calls will go directly to voicemail again. Now after they've updated the firmware, nearly 100% of my incoming calls go directly to voicemail, and outgoing calls goes silent after one ring. If I hang up, it will ring my phone back again and again and again.

What ATA adapter do they have you using? I found a voipo thread from 2009 that says they are having a lot of issues with the HT502 ATA and that 10% of their users are not able to get reliable incoming calls with this adapter. I wonder why they sent me this adapter if its so unreliable.

Have you found a solution? My phone is 100% useless at this point. I've had to install the soft phone on my android smartphone and use that as a BYOD (kind of defeats the purpose of a home phone).
    Do you have a ticket open? Please e-mail me directly at tim @ voipo.com and I'm happy to have this looked at by a Supervisor for you to see if we can get it resolved for you.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post

Did you ever find a solution for this? Same thing going on at my house for last few weeks. Have been troubleshooting with tech support and now they recommend the purchase of a new Grandstream. Would rather not pay $50 for a Grandstream so I'm trying to figure out if I can install some type of SIP adapter in the house or even add voice to my cable package.

For anyone interested I had the exact same problem and ended up swapping out the Grandstream for an OBi202. Figured if I was already on the hook for $49.95 (the cost to replace the Grandstream) I might as well look at other options. Setup took about 5 minutes and so far so good.