Thread: How to program sip byod to work on linksys spa9000

Default How to program sip byod to work on linksys spa9000

I have a Linksys SPA9000 IP PBX system with a couple Cisco phones. I have used other SIP VOIP providers on this equipment and it has worked.
    I got the BYOD settings from my VOIPO Vpanel and put them on my SPA9000, but the line does not register.
    Has anyone ever used VOIPO service on Linksys before?
    If so, did you get it to work?
    If so, what programming steps did you use?

Default Re: How to program sip byod to work on linksys spa9000

It should be fairly straightforward….not sure about a SPA9000, but using a Linksys SPA2102:

Proxy: sip.voipwelcome.com
    User ID: (your 10 digit phone number)
    Password: (your BYOD password)

I tried to copy/paste my BYOD password before into the password field, but it didn't work (must have inserted a space or something). I manually typed the password into the ATA.

I did get the line to finally register on the Linksys SPA9000 and for now one Cisco SPA525g2 phone.
    I can make and receive calls.
    I programmed the voice mail button on the Cisco SPA525g2 with 123.
    Pressing that button does call into voice mail and it plays the voice mail greeting, however, when I press 0, it doesn't do anything.
    The greeting just keeps on playing.
    Any suggestions are more than welcome.
    My previous SIP provider gave me a 10 digit phone number to call to check my messages.
    I've asked Voipo tech support if they have a 10 digit number and I was told no. I bet there is one though.
    It's so much better that way, especially if you are away from your office. You don't have to wait for all those rings before the voice mail answers.
    Last edited by Marti; 04-22-2014 at 08:57 PM.

It sounds like your Cisco phone is only sending an “inband” DTMF to Voipo’s voicemail server. Their voicemail server requires an out-of-band DTMF for it to recognize key presses. Your “DTMF Tx” setting within the Cisco phone is probably set to the default of “AUTO”, which needs to be changed. It’s been my experience that the most reliable setting is “InBand+INFO” because it sends a simultaneous inband and out-of-band DTMF, although you can try the other out-of-band DTMF settings if you prefer.

See page 153 in the admin manual for this phone:
    http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/..._500_admin.pdf

Voipo use to have 10 digit number to access voicemail, but I believe it’s not supported anymore.
    Their only supported methods can be found here:
    http://www.voipo.com/help/article/ch...cemail-53.html
    Last edited by tritch; 04-23-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Red face Re: How to program sip byod to work on linksys spa9000

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    It sounds like your Cisco phone is only sending an “inband” DTMF to Voipo’s voicemail server. Their voicemail server requires an out-of-band DTMF for it to recognize key presses. Your “DTMF Tx” setting within the Cisco phone is probably set to the default of “AUTO”, which needs to be changed. It’s been my experience that the most reliable setting is “InBand+INFO” because it sends a simultaneous inband and out-of-band DTMF, although you can try the other out-of-band DTMF settings if you prefer.

See page 153 in the admin manual for this phone:
    http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/..._500_admin.pdf

Voipo use to have 10 digit number to access voicemail, but I believe it’s not supported anymore.
    Their only supported methods can be found here:
    http://www.voipo.com/help/article/ch...cemail-53.html
    Thank you so much for your help! Changing the "DTMF Tx" setting to "InBand+INFO" worked! I figured it had something to do with the DTMF tones, but I had no idea what settings to change. Everything seems to be working perfectly now.

I can live without a 10 digit number to call for retrieving messages.

Thanks again for all your help! This forum is awesome!

Marti
    1st Phone Source, Inc.

Thank you so much for all your help! I changed the "DTMF Tx" setting just as you suggested and it works!!!

I can live without having a 10 digit number to call for checking messages!

Thanks again for your help! This forum is awesome!

Marti
    1st Phone Source

Everything was fine & working just great yesterday. Set my business line up to call forward to this temporary line with VOIPo and it all worked fine.
    Now this morning I made a test call outbound and it didn't go through. There was a message of the display on my Cisco phone 'Proxy Authentication Re'
    I don't know what happened as I didn't make any changes at all in programming. All I did was log into my account with Phone Power and set up call forwarding for that number to this VOIPo number. I made test calls last night and it all worked calling in and out.
    This morning, I can't make inbound calls to either my VOIPo number or my number with Phone Power that was set to call forward. It just drops the call, doesn't even ring.
    Now when I check the GUI for the Linksys SPA9000 it showed the VOIPo number was registered.
    What would be causing this?
    I have requested a number port for my number from Phone Power to VOIPo and just received email that they will port but not until the 29th, so I wouldn't think that could cause the problem.
    Also, I've read on VOIPo site that you do not have to keep their ATA plugged in when using our own devices.
    Any help is appreciated. If this continues, then I may not want to keep VOIPo service either.

I just tried to log into my Vpanel and some how the password has changed! What next??

UPDATE: I just spoke with tech support at VOIPo about the above issues and it appears it does have to do with porting my number. They say all should work great once the number is ported. Let's hope!
    Last edited by Marti; 04-24-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Default Re: How to program sip byod to work on linksys spa2102

Can someone help with config/set up of spa2102? I have tried for days and can't seem to get it to register. Have success on Line 1 with Callcentric but fails on Line 2 with Voipo. Any help would be approciated

Everything has been working. I was out of town for 4 days, come back to find my message light on and when I call into voice mail from my Cisco 525g2 phone, the voice mail answers, but pressing 0 does nothing. I do have the DTMF Tx Method set to "Inband+INFO", which worked before.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by Marti View Post
    I did get the line to finally register on the Linksys SPA9000 and for now one Cisco SPA525g2 phone.
    I can make and receive calls.
    I programmed the voice mail button on the Cisco SPA525g2 with 123.
    Pressing that button does call into voice mail and it plays the voice mail greeting, however, when I press 0, it doesn't do anything.
    The greeting just keeps on playing.
    Any suggestions are more than welcome.
    My previous SIP provider gave me a 10 digit phone number to call to check my messages.
    I've asked Voipo tech support if they have a 10 digit number and I was told no. I bet there is one though.
    It's so much better that way, especially if you are away from your office. You don't have to wait for all those rings before the voice mail answers.
    The 10 digit number is your number and when VM comes on just dial 0 then it will ask for your pin number. This how to check VM from another number.