Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Default Re: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Hello everyone,

Instead of submitting tickets to support@voipo.com, please use the link inside the Mobile Softphone page, "Click here to enter a ticket for this application." This will enter a ticket directly with us.

When entering a ticket about dropped calls, please be sure to include all available information, including the CallID which can be found in your call history section.

Best regards,
    Daniel C
    Tier III Support & Development
    VOIPo.com

A couple of issues concerning Android smartphone…..not iOS phones:

First, it seems Acrobits is using “push notifications for incoming calls” using the Google cloud messaging service to wake up/open the app after it is closed in order save battery power. It’s great feature, but there’s no way to disable this feature within the app itself. Apparently, since the app is automatically “provisioned” for Voipo, the setting is not available to the end user. The result is the smartphone rings for all incoming calls regardless of whether the app is open or closed. There’s no way to stop incoming calls from ringing the smartphone unless you uninstall the app.

Second, once you uninstall the app, the Acrobits SIPIS server which is being used to communicate to the Google cloud messaging service stays registered. It keeps re-registering at periodic intervals by looking at vPanel’s connected devices. It’s stuck and you can’t seem to get rid of it. I haven’t tried to completely disable BYOD to get rid of it, but I shouldn’t have to do this.

Otherwise, the call quality seems good using Verizon’s LTE service as the data transport. No dropped calls after several tests.

I submitted these bugs via the provided link, but not sure it went through. When I clicked the submit button, I got "Exception Caught: SOAP-ERROR"

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post

First, it seems Acrobits is using “push notifications for incoming calls” using the Google cloud messaging service to wake up/open the app after it is closed in order save battery power. It’s great feature, but there’s no way to disable this feature within the app itself. Apparently, since the app is automatically “provisioned” for Voipo, the setting is not available to the end user. The result is the smartphone rings for all incoming calls regardless of whether the app is open or closed. There’s no way to stop incoming calls from ringing the smartphone unless you uninstall the app.

Second, once you uninstall the app, the Acrobits SIPIS server which is being used to communicate to the Google cloud messaging service stays registered. It keeps re-registering at periodic intervals by looking at vPanel’s connected devices. It’s stuck and you can’t seem to get rid of it. I haven’t tried to completely disable BYOD to get rid of it, but I shouldn’t have to do this.
    I have noticed the above issues on iOS devices also. It would be nice to have a option to disable Mobile softphone App when not required so all calls can ring 1st on phone connected to VoiPo adapter rather then softphone.
    I also have Bria installed on iPhone and it once the App is closed and the registration time expires it doesn't stays registered. We would like to have something similar with VoiPo apps. I know Bria is a paid app but just wanted to share my experience and comparision.
    Last edited by myvoip07; 05-01-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Being able to control whether or not to receive incoming calls on the app would be a great feature. I know it's available on the standard Acrobits app. Also, just for the record, the standard Acrobits app is $6.99 in the Google Play Store for Android so is also a paid app just like Bria. I would "assume" they are getting paid for this app somehow as well even if the charges are not passed on to us as users.

The push notifications are giving me fits, also on Android

I have the app installed on both of our cell phones, and if the home phone rings, one of the softphones starts to ring, and rings continuously, even after the home phone is answered. The only way to stop it is to hit either the "Dismiss" or "Reject" button on the app. The other cell app rings normally, and stops ringing when the home phone is answered. A method to disable push notifications on the app would be ideal for me.

Tim, is it acceptable to install the app on more than one cell phone? I don't want to run afoul of any TOS conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by gls101 View Post
    The push notifications are giving me fits, also on Android

I have the app installed on both of our cell phones, and if the home phone rings, one of the softphones starts to ring, and rings continuously, even after the home phone is answered. The only way to stop it is to hit either the "Dismiss" or "Reject" button on the app. The other cell app rings normally, and stops ringing when the home phone is answered. A method to disable push notifications on the app would be ideal for me.

Tim, is it acceptable to install the app on more than one cell phone? I don't want to run afoul of any TOS conditions.
    Yes, as long as it's your household/normal usage...no problem.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Otherwise, the call quality seems good using Verizon’s LTE service as the data transport. No dropped calls after several tests.

I submitted these bugs via the provided link, but not sure it went through. When I clicked the submit button, I got "Exception Caught: SOAP-ERROR"

I've corrected the SOAP-ERRORs... You must've been jumping the gun while I was developing the bug report scripts.

Check your ticket history. If they aren't there, then they weren't entered.

I'm releasing another version of the application provisioning which should allow for you to enable/disable the Push notifications. I'll reply once it's done.
    Last edited by VOIPoDanielC; 05-06-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Where is the link to open tickets? I don't know where the 'link inside the Mobile Softphone page, "Click here to enter a ticket for this application."' is. Is that in the app? On the voipo website?

In case anyone else didn't see it tickets can be opened from the vpanel page under beta, first link on the left, here is the link https://account.voipo.com/beta/mobile_softphone.

Hello everyone,

Good news!

The new provisioning is out. So, please go into your application and remove/reset your provisioning, and then go to the Beta page and reset your application.

We've changed four things so far:
    1. We enabled STUN permanently. This should help with audio issues some people were having with one way audio.

2. We enabled the option for users to select how they want to handle incoming calls (may vary by device type):
      • Push
      • In Foreground Only
      • Keep Awake
      • In Background Only

3. We also enabled some packetization options to be different on Wifi and on cellular to better accommodate bandwidth.
      Lower packetization values improve quality when packet loss occurs while higher values preserve bandwidth With lower packetization inside the codec, it improves quality when packet loss happens... However, higher values preserve bandwidth, so on Wifi, we've set it to 20ms. On cellular, we've set it to 40ms.

4. We've removed unused codecs from the application so that making calls shouldn't require too much renegotiation with our network. At the moment, as many of you know, our network only supports the uLaw codec. We're working on getting a solution together for the mobile application and for softphones that allows for other codecs to be used. However, we don't have an ETA.

That's all that I have for now!

Best regards,
    Daniel C
    Tier III Support & Development
    VOIPo Customer Care
    Last edited by VOIPoDanielC; 05-20-2014 at 12:57 PM.