Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Default Re: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoDanielC View Post

We enabled the option for users to select how they want to handle incoming calls (may vary by device type):
    • Push
    • In Foreground Only
    • Keep Awake
    • In Background Only
    I just reprovisioned my two cell phones, and the incoming call selections ( Push or Only in Foreground on Android) works great, and solves my issue with push notifications.

I briefly tried placing calls to my Voipo home line with the phones, and the called party couldn't hear me. (both cell phones were on LTE at the time). I'll play more before opening a ticket to be sure it is repeatable and wasn't a one-time thing.

Again, thanks for the incoming call changes.

Gary Sanders

Is there a way to set the software to only do outgoing calls?

I am confused. How is this app any different from the many other SIP apps such as CSipSimple?
    (Besides the convient QR for setup, that was pretty slick)

Quote Originally Posted by budmaster View Post
    I am confused. How is this app any different from the many other SIP apps such as CSipSimple?
    (Besides the convient QR for setup, that was pretty slick)
    It's not really much different at all. This is actually made by Acrobits and they also sell basically the same App in the App stores on their own that's not provider specific.

This is just a managed version is automatically configured and managed by us for users.

The bulk of our users aren't tech savvy enough to configure their own so this is just an easy option that we can officially support since we can control the provisioning/config remotely.

Functionality wise..no real difference than most others except SMS likely being integrated into our soon.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    It's not really much different at all. This is actually made by Acrobits and they also sell basically the same App in the App stores on their own that's not provider specific.

This is just a managed version is automatically configured and managed by us for users.

The bulk of our users aren't tech savvy enough to configure their own so this is just an easy option that we can officially support since we can control the provisioning/config remotely.

Functionality wise..no real difference than most others except SMS likely being integrated into our soon.
    The SMS part will be cool. I've been using Zoiper on Android from my place of work with success. If I try this out will it affect the byod password that was last mailed to me in any way?
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    The SMS part will be cool. I've been using Zoiper on Android from my place of work with success. If I try this out will it affect the byod password that was last mailed to me in any way?
    It won't reset or impact it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Russell,

The mobile phone application shouldn't have any impact on your BYOD credentials. The tokens that it uses are independent of the BYOD credentials. However, it still uses the same BYOD credentials on the backend provisioning server.

Best regards,
    Daniel C
    Tier III Support & Development
    VOIPo Customer Care

Thanks for the responses Tim and Daniel. I've installed it. The QR code approach to set the credentials was pretty cool!
    Russell

I have my VoipO set to simulring to my cell. Do I need to disable that feature if I'm installing the Mobile Softphone app on my cell?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Not at this time. It's a commercial software with a per-user licensing fee so we aren't rolling it out for resellers at this time, but may figure out a way to make it available as an option in the future.
    I use an app called Zoiper for clients. It is available for Android and Apple. Simply add the sip credentials and authenticate. Now your clients have their office phone on their smartphone. A great feature is that all contacts on their phone are automatically available as contacts on the app.

They will create a "white label" app for you for a fee, but I've never had an issue with any clients using the "off the shelf" version.

Thx