Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Talking Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Hello everyone!

We're excited to announce that we're launching a Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android devices for our residential and business clients that have our standard unlimited plans.

The application is available via GooglePlay and iTunes as "Cloud Softphone" by Acrobits. After installing it, you'll enable BYOD on your account, and then go to the Beta -> Mobile Softphone page (it's only available via vPanel v2.x). You'll scan a QRcode, and then your application will be provisioned automatically.

If you have any issues, please feel free to open up a trouble ticket and request that it be transferred to Tier III/Development. However, please note that as this is a new product, there will be no support given over the telephone or chat for it as it's VERY beta.

All that said, we hope that you like it!

Best regards,
    Daniel C
    Tier III Support & Development
    VOIPo Customer Care

Default Re: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Is this available for resellers as well?

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    Is this available for resellers as well?
    Not at this time. It's a commercial software with a per-user licensing fee so we aren't rolling it out for resellers at this time, but may figure out a way to make it available as an option in the future.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Cool Re: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoDanielC View Post
    Hello everyone!

We're excited to announce that we're launching a Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android devices for our residential and business clients that have our standard unlimited plans.

The application is available via GooglePlay and iTunes as "Cloud Softphone" by Acrobits. After installing it, you'll enable BYOD on your account, and then go to the Beta -> Mobile Softphone page (it's only available via vPanel v2.x). You'll scan a QRcode, and then your application will be provisioned automatically.

If you have any issues, please feel free to open up a trouble ticket and request that it be transferred to Tier III/Development. However, please note that as this is a new product, there will be no support given over the telephone or chat for it as it's VERY beta.

All that said, we hope that you like it!

Best regards,
    Daniel C
    Tier III Support & Development
    VOIPo Customer Care
    Glad to see some initiative from VOIPO finally!

I started testing the App since yesterday. My initial response was 'wow' as my first call was lasted less than for a minute. Then I made further calls and found call quality drops (network flapping) after the initial minute into the call making it nearly impossible to continue the conversation. I have tested it with multiple wifi locations. I will not judgement the 4G LTE part as you never know how your cellular network behaves.

I have been using Bria with BYOD credentials and lot of time it bounce back with 486/ 403 errors (not authorized/busy) errors. Now with the soft phone situation is much same other than it is preconfigured to be logged in to VOIPO network. Call quality seems to be same as using any other "free" or paid voip application with BYOD credential.

Hopefully it will be fine tuned during the beta testing and I can get rid of Vonage App for making ILDs despite of having a international calling package with VOIPO. I will keep testing the app and in the mean time back to Vonage App for serious ILD calls! Cheers and thanks for making something better and hope that eventually you guys will make it awesome!

Oh, if anyone wondering how to enable bluetooth in this particular VOIP application, you need to go to "keypad" from the bottom, then "settings" on the top right -> "Preferences" (second option from top) -> "Sound" (again second option from top) and scroll all the way down and toggle "Support Bluetooth" to ON... Then you will see a warning saying if speaker phone does not work, come back here and turn off BT blah blah... UH!!!!! In short the App itself in beta along with VOIPO beta integration into this App, so technically you are about to do two beta testing at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by JacobsLive View Post

I started testing the App since yesterday. My initial response was 'wow' as my first call was lasted less than for a minute. Then I made further calls and found call quality drops (network flapping) after the initial minute into the call making it nearly impossible to continue the conversation. I have tested it with multiple wifi locations. I will not judgement the 4G LTE part as you never know how your cellular network behaves.

I have been using Bria with BYOD credentials and lot of time it bounce back with 486/ 403 errors (not authorized/busy) errors. Now with the soft phone situation is much same other than it is preconfigured to be logged in to VOIPO network. Call quality seems to be same as using any other "free" or paid voip application with BYOD credential.

Hopefully it will be fine tuned during the beta testing and I can get rid of Vonage App for making ILDs despite of having a international calling package with VOIPO. I will keep testing the app and in the mean time back to Vonage App for serious ILD calls! Cheers and thanks for making something better and hope that eventually you guys will make it awesome!

Oh, if anyone wondering how to enable bluetooth in this particular VOIP application, you need to go to "keypad" from the bottom, then "settings" on the top right -> "Preferences" (second option from top) -> "Sound" (again second option from top) and scroll all the way down and toggle "Support Bluetooth" to ON... Then you will see a warning saying if speaker phone does not work, come back here and turn off BT blah blah... UH!!!!! In short the App itself in beta along with VOIPO beta integration into this App, so technically you are about to do two beta testing at the same time
    Please open a ticket via support@voipo.com (Attn Tier III) with call examples and we'll be happy to look into it. Without examples to look at it's very hard to diagnose. We're not able to reproduce a drop here.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Hi Jacob, not sure if we are using the same version of the application but my "sound" section shows an option for Legacy Audio if I scroll all the way down, not an option for bluetooth? I am using Version 1.3.8, build 345482.

Post Re: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    Hi Jacob, not sure if we are using the same version of the application but my "sound" section shows an option for Legacy Audio if I scroll all the way down, not an option for bluetooth? I am using Version 1.3.8, build 345482.
    Hello Ansextra, I am using iOS version (1.3.5 build 4B5C7) downloaded via the link provided in the beta page. May be settings are different if you are sung Android version. If you are using iOS, I am wondering from where you got a different build?

Hi Tim, I will open a ticket with after doing more tests. Thank you!

Hello Ansextra, I am using iOS version (1.3.5 build 4B5C7) downloaded via the link provided in the beta page. May be settings are different if you are sung Android version. If you are using iOS, I am wondering from where you got a different build?

Ok. The more specific you can be with samples, the better. If you can do a call then open a ticket with the details of it or even better would be the Call ID from the Call History online in vPanel then we should be able to pull that specific call up and see the actual logs/flow of the call and why the drop happened since it'd be a full log of everything that happened with the call.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Hi Jacob. I am using Android. That would most likely explain the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Good ol Dan View Post
    I've been using CSipSimple with good results for quite some time now. Works fine on WiFi... some issues on cell data connection due to the bandwidth requirements of the G.711 codec. What are chances of you folks supporting G.729 or GSM codecs with the new app to reduce bandwidth requirements over cell data?

Thanks!

Dan
    We are working on adding some lower bandwidth codecs to it. The software supports it but we need to make a few changes on our network to handle it and basically setup an intermediary server to "transcode" the media for the calls to the other codecs since they're not natively supported on our network. It's definitely in the works though.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com