Thread: iPhone Zoiper Setup / Error Cause 57 Bearer

Default iPhone Zoiper Setup / Error Cause 57 Bearer

Hello,

Trying to setup Voipo on my iPhone with Zoiper. The SIP account comes Online, but when placing calls I get the error, "Cause 57 Bearer capability not authorized -".

Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: iPhone Zoiper Setup / Error Cause 57 Bearer

I am having the same problem, did you ever find a fix for this?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Hello,

Trying to setup Voipo on my iPhone with Zoiper. The SIP account comes Online, but when placing calls I get the error, "Cause 57 Bearer capability not authorized -".

Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure how you know the SIP account comes "Online"?

Have you checked the VOIPO Vpanel / Connected Devices to verify the device has been connected?

I got the error when I installed the VOIPO branded Zoiper for Mac (supposedly preconfigured) and BEFORE I entered the username (my VOIPO telephone number) and the password (emailed to me when I "Enabled" Softphone on the VPanel / Softphone BYOD screen) INTO the SIP account options in the Zoiper / Preferences / Accounts / General screen.

I then pressed the "Register" button and "Registered" was displayed. Just to be sure, I went to the VPanel / Connected Device screen and there was a device with "User Agent:Z 3.3.21933 r21903" which more than coincidentally matches exactly the information displayed by Zoiper's "About Zoiper" screen.

Also, I went to Zoiper's Accounts / Extra screen and checked the box for "Register On Startup". I then restarted Zoiper, confirmed the device was in fact registered (again) with VOIPO by noting the information in VPanel and seeing a checkmark against the account name in the SIP accounts list in Zoiper's Preferences / Accounts screen.

Of course your Zoiper iPhone interface (screens) may be much different than mine, but the VPanel / Connected Devices screen would be the best way to know that the device really is registered and connected to VOIPO. If this is true, then you must be in that grey limbo area where VOIPO cannot help you because it is a Zoiper problem and Zoiper cannot help you because it is a VOIPO problem. Apple certainly won't help you!

Good Luck. Please let us know if any of this helps or maybe you can elaborate more on what you've done for setup and if the device is registered on VOIPO.

Quote Originally Posted by fixafone123 View Post
    I am having the same problem, did you ever find a fix for this?

Thanks.
    Since I note it was in May he posted this request for help and no one seems to have responded, either he figured it out or someone helped him by private message (which really does not make much sense) or he gave up. My bet is he probably figured it out.

Perhaps the most recent entry might help you. Mainly, have you configured Zoiper with VOIPO's account information? Have you confirmed the phone gets registered by VOIPO by seeing it in VPanel? Does Zoiper also indicate the phone is registered? (The "Online" at the bottom of my Zoiper skin was misleading and confusing me. Found out it was not about being connected to VOIPO.)

If yes to all, then perhaps there may be some sort of configuration unique to your device?